Parrish Out?

Curseislifted33

Reaction score
GophersNow PiPress Gophers Now
Don't see Tom Parish's locker here with the QBs. Just Gray, Shortell, Alipate and Foreman.

Fuller tweet from the jersey unveiling. Probably nothing but something new.

Could be in a different location. Perhaps there is a position change we didn't hear about?

Not a surprise. Another star Brewster recruit. Hope he does well somewhere else if he is indeed gone but the writing was on the wall for him with a few new QB recruits coming in and already being blocked on the depth chart.

Updated tweet from Marcus:

"Kill did say Parish isn't part of the program any longer."

Go Gophers!!

On what planet was Parish a "star Brewster recruit"?

Good move for both sides - Parish was never going to see the field in his career, and Minnesota gets a scholarship it can use on someone who'll actually play.

On what planet was Parish a "star Brewster recruit"?

Good move for both sides - Parish was never going to see the field in his career, and Minnesota gets a scholarship it can use on someone who'll actually play.

I agree that was a major reach just to take a shot at Brewster. Parish was a 3 star kids that clearly the old staff had some hope for but who didn't fit into the plans of the current staff. Not surprised one bit to see him moving knowing that he will never see the field for Kill.

heard parrish was absolutely worthless. low iq, bad arm, not fast.

not surprised he's done.

best of luck.

not surprised he's done.

best of luck.

Doubt it is all that bad...no reason to get down on him. when a true freshman is the #2 qb over you and one of if not the top recruit coming in is a Qb, there is some writing on the wall as it is. If he hopes to play at all, it will have to be somewhere else. He probably took the lead from Pride and is looking elsewhere.

calminnfan said:
Hope the best for him...simply dealing with reality.
Just no room for him on the roster\depth chart. Hope he finds a spot...on some team.

not surprised he's done.

best of luck.

Believe he was the fourth highest rated kid coming out of WI that year. Also 3 stars. Many on this board have seen him at practice etc. and you're the first to say anthing negative about him.

Wow no need to bash the kid. Hope he finds the right fit for him on and off the field

Probably for the best all the way around. I hope he can find a better fit for himself. Best of luck to him.

Classless Remark About Parrish

not surprised he's done.

best of luck.

Why say something like this about a young man who was just trying to be a successful Gopher football player and contribute to the program? Stupid.

And his affiliation with the team is?

Since he said it was directly from the source, I have to assume Parrish said all that about himself...so I guess we can add low self-confidence to his list of faults.

He wasn't bad in practice. He just does not fit the Kill mode.

I don't think Dirk Diggler understands what the term "directly from the source" means.

Anyone can come online and spout anonymous nonsense. I doubt it means anything to anyone on here unless you give a source.

Parish was probably our best QB during the spring game. I actually think he fits Kill's offense too, he's pretty athletic and a pretty good runner. His problem is that he's just simply not as good as Shortell or Nelson. Best of luck to him!

I don't think Dirk Diggler understands what the term "directly from the source" means.

Anyone can come online and spout anonymous nonsense. I doubt it means anything to anyone on here unless you give a source.

Parish was probably our best QB during the spring game. I actually think he fits Kill's offense too, he's pretty athletic and a pretty good runner. His problem is that he's just simply not as good as Shortell or Nelson. Best of luck to him!

Bob Loblaw...that never happens on the GopherHole.

maybe i am missing something here, but i remember people thinking parish could have been the 2nd qb out of spring practice last year... maybe i am thinking of someone else.. regardless... best of luck to him and his future..

maybe i am missing something here, but i remember people thinking parish could have been the 2nd qb out of spring practice last year... maybe i am thinking of someone else.. regardless... best of luck to him and his future..

Yeah, I think most people thought he was going to be the #2 coming out spring ball.

If he wasn't #2, who was? I missed the spring game last year due to Easter so I don't remember who got reps with the second string.

Obviously he was overtaken in Fall camp so it's a moot point.

Except the people who have the final say, who saw them every minute of spring ball.

Actually, you're wrong. Coming out of spring ball, Shortell wasn't on campus yet. So even Kill and Limegrover had Parish #2, coming out of spring ball.

But you're point is right, the coaches didn't think he was the second best, and i'm not arguing that point. I was just saying that he was right there for awhile.

Top Bottom