Parking questions

Maroon92

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out the parking situation and pickout out seats at TCF. Are most people buying parking passes--- I was wanting to try out different spots the first year but I can't tell if everyone is buying parking passes will there be anything to chose from each game. Are they saving some parking spots in each lot as game day purchase or will most lots be closed off for people with the passes. Are are surface lots open for tailgating?

I am trying to figure out the parking situation and pickout out seats at TCF. Are most people buying parking passes--- I was wanting to try out different spots the first year but I can't tell if everyone is buying parking passes will there be anything to chose from each game. Are they saving some parking spots in each lot as game day purchase or will most lots be closed off for people with the passes. Are are surface lots open for tailgating?

I'd send some of these q's to the Ticket Office. That's what i'm doing with mine (I'll post the reply when I hear back).

As to your last question...When you say surface lots, which lots are you referring to?

Surface lots are open for tailgating. You can see the lots, numbers of stalls, and tailgating info on the seat selection web site.

What are the "donation" numbers to get into the lots near the stadium? I see the park info on the interactive website, but it's too fuzzy for me to read the donation numbers.

The plan is that there will not be any spots on East bank available for game day purchase, the athletic department wants every space sold to season ticket holders as a season parking pass. The only way those might be available for single game purchase is if for some reason they aren't bought up by the season ticket holders for the season. The single game parking will be at the fairgrounds with the shuttles running you over via the tramway.

What are the "donation" numbers to get into the lots near the stadium? I see the park info on the interactive website, but it's too fuzzy for me to read the donation numbers.

- Green lots are Zone 1. A parking spot in Zone 1 requires a $2500 yearly donation.
- Blue lots are Zone 2. A parking spot in Zone 2 requires a $1000 annual donation.
- Red lots are Zone 3. No donation required but all these spots are in ramps/garages so they won't allow tailgating.
- Yellow lots (West Bank/St. Paul) are Zone 4. No donation required. Tailgating allowed only in surface lots.
- If you are getting preferred seats between the 20's your seat donation will count towards the parking donation. In other words, 2 $500 preferred seats = 1 Zone 2 parking spot; 2 $250 preferred seats mean you only need another $500 to get 1 Zone 2 parking spot; etc.

Top Bottom