Parker Fox playing tomorrow?

What could possibly go wrong dunking on ice?

Ain't gonna lie, kind of disappointed he got rid of the man bun. Seems as if every team has one.

Its wild that I have to keep saying this on here.

Redshirt rules are simple.

Standard redshirt. If you appear in 1 game, you can no longer redshirt. It does not matter if its 10 seconds or a full game. 1 appearance the the red shirt is done.

Medical redshirt. Is 30% of your teams games. So if a team plays 31 games and a guy got hurt game 7 and never played again. Fully eligible to receive it.

So for Fox to qualify for that medical redshirt he'd have to play today and then we would have to actively root for him to suffer another injury to qualify for the medical red shit(and even in this scenario I think its still illegal because its passed the half way point of the year).

Regardless, you cannot start the season injury. Spawn into action with 8 or less games left and have the season no count. Would be ridiculous.
Two additions

Medical redshirts ONLY apply if

1 - It is a season ending injury

2 - Injury occurs after the 1st day or practice AND before the Mid point game of the season.

Obviously, if he played today, his redshirt fails under both #1 and #2.

Its wild that I have to keep saying this on here.

Redshirt rules are simple.

Standard redshirt. If you appear in 1 game, you can no longer redshirt. It does not matter if its 10 seconds or a full game. 1 appearance the the red shirt is done.

Medical redshirt. Is 30% of your teams games. So if a team plays 31 games and a guy got hurt game 7 and never played again. Fully eligible to receive it.

So for Fox to qualify for that medical redshirt he'd have to play today and then we would have to actively root for him to suffer another injury to qualify for the medical red shit(and even in this scenario I think its still illegal because its passed the half way point of the year).

Regardless, you cannot start the season injury. Spawn into action with 8 or less games left and have the season no count. Would be ridiculous.

Correct. He cannot play today and get a medical redshirt.

You cannot play in any game after the first half of the regular season and still receive a medical redshirt.

See my post above. Can’t play more than 30% of games and can’t play past the midway point of season. Also need a doctor to sign off that the player was not able to come back to play.
That's why I gave your post a like my man. Didn't see yours until after I had posted my reply.

So I guess a possible explanation for the video was something like to just make him feel like part of the team? I'm sure he has busted his ass since he arrived in Mpls, and a shame he wasn't able to play this season. So it's a little token they throw out to him. For all we know, he could be pushing the guys hard in practice daily, helping them try to get ready.

1 game and it gets burned. Don’t know if it’s any different for medical redshirts though.

I certainly don't believe that is true. Jordan Bohannon played far more games than that a couple of years ago and his redshirt was preserved.

I certainly don't believe that is true. Jordan Bohannon played far more games than that a couple of years ago and his redshirt was preserved.
A medical redshirt has different requirements, that is the reason his was different.

It is the rule, for every sport other than football. Seems a bit silly. I would think other sports would petition to have some kind of limited action for true freshman to play and not lose their traditional redshirts.

BTW - note in the Strib that Fox has been cleared for contact work. He will participate in full practices with the team for the rest of the season, but will NOT appear in games.

it will be interesting to see if anything leaks out of the practices as far as how Fox looks. I expect a story or some tweets that "Fox is looking great in practice."

Top Bottom