Parker Fox playing tomorrow?

cheeseheadgophfan

Reaction score

Is he playing tomorrow? Does this blow his redshirt ? Why do a preview like this if he’s not?????

Yeah i mean if he WAS going to play...I guess they would do something like this. But he's probably not, and the video feels pretty out of place

I’m guessing this just means they’re wearing the white uni’s tomorrow.

Would be odd if he doesn't play after a video like that. They have 12 other guys that are healthy and could have done a promo for the white uniforms

He hasn't played a game this season and we're not going anywhere in post season. He's not going to play.

He hasn't played a game this season and we're not going anywhere in post season. He's not going to play.
I dont actually know the rule in basketball but you can play 4 games in football and still redshirt, I would imagine if Fox played the last 3-4 games of a bball season that he still could redshirt.

I dont actually know the rule in basketball but you can play 4 games in football and still redshirt, I would imagine if Fox played the last 3-4 games of a bball season that he still could redshirt.
1 game and it gets burned. Don’t know if it’s any different for medical redshirts though.

I cannot find anything official. I found a couple sites that seem to indicate a medical redshirt could play up to 6 or 8 games in the medical redshirt year.

How many games can you play before redshirting basketball?
According to one source familiar with the package, players would be allowed to play between 6 and 8 games of their “redshirt” season without losing a year of eligibility.

I cannot find anything official. I found a couple sites that seem to indicate a medical redshirt could play up to 6 or 8 games in the medical redshirt year.

So...perhaps Fox will play...

The question is...what would the Fox say...

I’m guessing this just means they’re wearing the white uni’s tomorrow.
Yeah this is it. They have teased the white unis a couple times the last few days and the guys love them. Parker said multiple times the other day in his day in a life vlog he is out for the season.

Bohannon from Iowa played in like 10 games last year or the year prior and was able to redshirt.
That was a medical hardship waiver. He played the first 10 games of the season, then couldn’t play the rest of the way. To get the medical hardship you can’t play more than 30% of team games but also can’t play after the midway point of the season.

Whether he plays or not, let’s just be thankful he didn’t tear his other ACL playing basketball in six inches of snow/ice and subzero temperatures.

If he plays, the year of eligibility is burned.

1 game and it gets burned. Don’t know if it’s any different for medical redshirts though.
I feel like Bohannon played in 10 games a couple years ago and then they shut him down for a medical redshirt.

You would think based on total number of games played in a season, that if you get 4 games for football, you should get 6-8 for basketball, right?

You would think based on total number of games played in a season, that if you get 4 games for football, you should get 6-8 for basketball, right?
Basketball doesn't have a rule like Football does in regards to redshirting. It would make a lot of sense to add something like that in but for whatever reason they don't have it at this point.

That was a medical hardship waiver. He played the first 10 games of the season, then couldn’t play the rest of the way. To get the medical hardship you can’t play more than 30% of team games but also can’t play after the midway point of the season.

At first I thought....why should that matter? But now that I think about it.....it makes sense. Would kind of be BS if a team wanted to redshirt a player but also strategically played a guy for certain games. Even if it were for a straight stretch towards the end of the year.

More important that Fox is 100% healed and ready to go next year.

I feel like Bohannon played in 10 games a couple years ago and then they shut him down for a medical redshirt.
See my post above. Can’t play more than 30% of games and can’t play past the midway point of season. Also need a doctor to sign off that the player was not able to come back to play.

I think that Fox sees himself as the "hype guy" for the team. that's the role he's trying to play because he can't appear in games. Watch him on the bench during games - easily the most animated player.

So, I suspect this is his way of saying "get hyped" for the game.

And, I really want to see what happens next year when he brings that energy and attitude onto the court.

I predict he is going to be a huge crowd favorite, and a favorite for the BTN broadcast crews.

I think that Fox sees himself as the "hype guy" for the team. that's the role he's trying to play because he can't appear in games. Watch him on the bench during games - easily the most animated player.

So, I suspect this is his way of saying "get hyped" for the game.

And, I really want to see what happens next year when he brings that energy and attitude onto the court.

I predict he is going to be a huge crowd favorite, and a favorite for the BTN broadcast crews.
I agree with this. He is just showing everyone how far he has come and that he will be an animal next year.

Its wild that I have to keep saying this on here.

Redshirt rules are simple.

Standard redshirt. If you appear in 1 game, you can no longer redshirt. It does not matter if its 10 seconds or a full game. 1 appearance the the red shirt is done.

Medical redshirt. Is 30% of your teams games. So if a team plays 31 games and a guy got hurt game 7 and never played again. Fully eligible to receive it.

So for Fox to qualify for that medical redshirt he'd have to play today and then we would have to actively root for him to suffer another injury to qualify for the medical red shit(and even in this scenario I think its still illegal because its passed the half way point of the year).

Regardless, you cannot start the season injury. Spawn into action with 8 or less games left and have the season no count. Would be ridiculous.

Top Bottom