Pam Borton at Richard Pitino Press Conference?

Reaction score
Anyone see Pam Borton at the Pitino introduction today? Interesting dynamics at play here.

She had better be as visible as possible, because her ass is the next one out the door.

Agree DD. Unless she has a pretty decent yr. next yr. Bye, Bye. As NT said about Tubby it was the direction on the pgm. WBB is pretty shaky.

Agree DD. Unless she has a pretty decent yr. next yr. Bye, Bye. As NT said about Tubby it was the direction on the pgm. WBB is pretty shaky.

They do have some good recruits coming in in the next two years, and have been trending upward in the past couple years. I think she should have already gotten the axe, but that's probably why she was given another year.

They do have some good recruits coming in in the next two years, and have been trending upward in the past couple years. I think she should have already gotten the axe, but that's probably why she was given another year.

And a bigger buyout?

And a bigger buyout?

No, that was Maturi's stupidity. I should've specified, by giving her another year I meant Norwood not firing her now, but giving a chance to prove her team is going in the right direction. I think he felt the women's team might be trending upward, whereas he thought the men's team had flat-lined.

There is no way that Norwood Teague could possibly think the women's program is trending upward based on 2012-2013 any more than the men. I mean, the men were rated #8 at one time. Upward! There was nothing that could be construed as upward in the women's year. What you're suggesting is, Give her 1 more year to coach Zahui. And if they stink next year, Give her 1 more year to coach Wagner. And if they stink, Give her 1 more year to coach.... I know that's not what you're suggesting. I'm just saying neither can it cannot possibly be what Teague is thinking.

There is no way that Norwood Teague could possibly think the women's program is trending upward based on 2012-2013 any more than the men. I mean, the men were rated #8 at one time. Upward! There was nothing that could be construed as upward in the women's year. What you're suggesting is, Give her 1 more year to coach Zahui. And if they stink next year, Give her 1 more year to coach Wagner. And if they stink, Give her 1 more year to coach.... I know that's not what you're suggesting. I'm just saying neither can it cannot possibly be what Teague is thinking.

#8 at one time...it matters when that time was, and it wasn't near the end of the season. There was nothing that could be construed as upward in the women's year? Over the last three years they're +6 wins overall, +3 wins in the conference, and went from no postseason to WBI champs to WNIT first round. I think the big difference between the women's and men's programs is how recruiting was going: for men it was going downward, for women it was at least steady, I'd say upward. Like I said, I think she should have been fired, but there is improvement there whether you want to see it or not, and I think that's why she was given another year.

Top Bottom