Paid Gopherhole Membership

noamfromm

Reaction score
I was on the HuskerMax forum the other day I found out that they pay 20 dollars for the ability to post for a year. It seemed to be a low enough bar for those of us who enjoy posting , and a high enough bar to keep out the people who only want to come after losses, etc. I don't know if this would be an attractive feature for anyone else -- but reading the comments last night and today made me remember how different this place is after losses vs wins/offseason.

Definitely not, then would just switch to using reddit instead
that makes sense -- I assume for users like yourself that post infrequently it wouldn't be worth it -- but the gopher subreddit is a wasteland lol

Gopherhole makes money (probably far more than we realize!) based on monthly unique visitors to the site.

It's why they have a politics forum. They want to maximize user visits, to try to sell that as attractive to advertisers.

I was on the HuskerMax forum the other day I found out that they pay 20 dollars for the ability to post for a year. It seemed to be a low enough bar for those of us who enjoy posting , and a high enough bar to keep out the people who only want to come after losses, etc. I don't know if this would be an attractive feature for anyone else -- but reading the comments last night and today made me remember how different this place is after losses vs wins/offseason.
Start a poll:
Would you pay?
Yes
No

I paid on GophersIllustrated years ago, but when I found that I could get the same information on Gopher Hole with an occasional slight delay it just wasn't worth it. If GH became a pay only site, I'd find somewhere else to talk college football. Probably on reddit.

I'd pay just to piss off UU -- worth it! :ROFLMAO:

Would have to disable ads, though.

But right, there already is a board on the pay site (GI), correct?

You already have the opportunity to put your money where your mouth is, literally!

Now if we can pay $20 to ban certain users who bring nonsense into every thread then it'd be tempting

Top Bottom