Paging 4/5 of the regular starting lineup

Pewterschmidt

Reaction score
Hello? You there?

Coleman: zero points
Rodney: zero points
Austin: no need to list your point total because anyone that watched the game could guess its less than 1. You looked like you have never played basketball before. Worst game I've seen a regular play in years. May God have mercy on your soul.
Dre: 3-13 with just awful offensive leadership.

Holy F was that bad.

Coleman, Austin and Rodney had more TO's than points....

Snell, Halverson and Oto combined for 3 points

Well, we were just trying to help Nebraska get that one win they needed to get into the NCAA tournament... oh wait?! Oh never mind! as;ghasklgj;sdlfs

and one of Dre's FGs was that meaningless half court shot as time expired

and he looked very excited to see that count. Team first...? You just lost to Nebraska, your long 3 pointer is meaningless.. this is a 5 on 5 basketball game, it isn't HORSE.

and one of Dre's FGs was that meaningless half court shot as time expired

For three quarters of that game there was no movement on offense at all to produce and open shot. They forced tons of shots for lack of movement. When that happens- you are going to miss a ton of shots. I don't know if the players don't understand what to do or what. They did play hard on defense so it doesn't appear to be an attitude thing. It just looks like incompetence all the way around.

Now, if we lose to Purdue we begin to slide down the standings. Illinois, Iowa, and Purdue could finish ahead of us in the standings.

They had Nebraska in foul trouble, and was it 2 minutes left in the game and 2 Huskers were fouled out of the game?! How can't we take advantage of that?!

So now we go to Mackey, get beat by Purdue, finished 8-10 in the BIG, and are probably dogs in our first game in Chi.... A lot of people b*** about Tubby and dont get me wrong, it is definitely merited; however here is where I see the problem is....

THIS IS THE MOST MENTALLY WEAK TEAM I HAVE EVER SEEN AT ANY LEVEL EVER

Rodney: WTF man? Where have you been for the whole Big 10 season? If you put in half as much effort as you do pouting to the refs everytime something doesn't go your way you would be 1st team All Conference

Austin: Man, I can only try and imagine what is going on inside you head right now. You havent hit a 3 pointer in month after starting the BIG season shooting over 55%! Man you should go live with the team shrink that hyptnotized you dudes before the Indiana game. You are awful. If you can just hit the rim next game, perhaps you will be able to make 1 in the big ten tourney.

Trevor: You play hard, and I cant say anything about your performance. However, SHOW SOME LEADERSHIP!! My god you have been playing college ball for so long you have probably majored in everything (including master programs). Be vocal, light a fire under someone's ass.

Joe: You are too easy of a target and my fingers are starting to hurt

Its funny its March 6th (March 7th where I am) and the guys we used to hate to see on the court(ie: Maverick, Elliason, Ingram), are now the guys we are depending on to try and win us close ball games. A 5-point deficit against Nebraska shouldnt feel like 15! But... the way this team plays, if one tiny thing goes wrong, there is no salvage.

Thats my rant. Don't judge my grammar and spelling errors because I really dont care. Que este equipo se vaya a la chucha!

THIS IS THE MOST MENTALLY WEAK TEAM I HAVE EVER SEEN AT ANY LEVEL EVER

I will say it again. Tubby and his assistants recruited these players and have been coaching them in practice. It starts and ends at the top.

I will say it again. Tubby and his assistants recruited these players and have been coaching them in practice. It starts and ends at the top.

Notice that the only true shooter that the Gophers have had in Tubby's tenure wasn't recruited by Tubby - Hoffarber was a Monson guy. Wow this team could use a Blake Hoffarber type of player right now.

You just know they are going to play poorly on the road - since they can't shoot ft's or anything else - they have to press or rebound like crazy - and even tonight the rebounds were not there.

You just know they are going to play poorly on the road - since they can't shoot ft's or anything else - they have to press or rebound like crazy - and even tonight the rebounds were not there.

The problem is we have to score to press.

Standing Around

For three quarters of that game there was no movement on offense at all to produce and open shot. They forced tons of shots for lack of movement. When that happens- you are going to miss a ton of shots. I don't know if the players don't understand what to do or what. They did play hard on defense so it doesn't appear to be an attitude thing. It just looks like incompetence all the way around.

At one point the announcers even noted, and I paraphrase, "do you see Minnesota just standing around on offense, you kids at home that play basketball, make note, and don't ever do that". Wow!

Starting Line up:

G: Andre Hollins (30)
G: Austin Hollins (30)
G: Julien Welch (25)
F: Rodney Williams (30)
F: Trevor Mbakwe (30)

Back up G:
Joe Coleman (20)
Maverick Ahanmisi (10)

Back up F:
Andre Ingram: (10)
Elliot Elliason: (15)

-5 minutes at the 3 for Rodney. 9 man rotation.

Bring in Oto, Mo, Wally in for spot minutes in blowouts, foul trouble, etc.

Sub people in sporadically, not all at once

There, just fixed the Gophers rotation!!

I like your lineup but Eliason deserves more time. I am not sure you can play Coleman, Rodney, and Austin together as no one will guard them beyond 10 feet right now.

Starting Line up:

G: Andre Hollins (30)
G: Austin Hollins (30)
G: Julien Welch (25)
F: Rodney Williams (30)
F: Trevor Mbakwe (30)

Back up G:
Joe Coleman (20)
Maverick Ahanmisi (10)

Back up F:
Andre Ingram: (10)
Elliot Elliason: (15)

-5 minutes at the 3 for Rodney. 9 man rotation.

Bring in Oto, Mo, Wally in for spot minutes in blowouts, foul trouble, etc.

Sub people in sporadically, not all at once

There, just fixed the Gophers rotation!!

How can you possibly justify playing Austin 30 minutes? Rodney 30?

As mentioned by someone else, EE needs more minutes. I think you go Andre, Julian, Trevor, EE and try to find someone hot for the remaining spot from Austin, Joe, Mav and Rodney. Andre can spell EE and Trevor.

Top Bottom