Overselling Student Section for WIS & PUR games

awag777

Second Row of Williams Arena
Reaction score
Students able to purchase student tix for $15 at Mariucci. They're extras that are being released this week due to people not picking them up, people dropping out, being deployed, etc.

very cool, i hate that little empty spot at the top created by student crowding the lower seating.

Students able to purchase student tix for $15 at Mariucci. Apparently AD wants to pack student section for next two games. Another complaint responded to by AD. hats off to them.

Link? I believe you btw, I just want to see how the U framed it. I've been much more impressed with how the U has been presenting their decisions this season.

No link...I'm in class & two guys separately have told me (they don't know each other) they purchased for $15 ("there's a decent size stack at Mariucci") and sold to their friends needing tickets (Gopher fans, I checked) for $50 unless than an hour.

Dang... they really are jumping on every detail. Wasn't Gopherprof basically JUST saying that "overselling" would NEVER happen and more or less calling anyone that advocated overselling morons (not his exact words... too lazy to look it up)?

Nice, this is exactly what they needed to do.

Dang... they really are jumping on every detail. Wasn't Gopherprof basically JUST saying that "overselling" would NEVER happen and more or less calling anyone that advocated overselling morons (not his exact words... too lazy to look it up)?

I'll take the bullet here too as I agreed with prof in that thread (though not as stridently which is why no one remembers probably ;)). Hopefully it only makes the student section a hotter ticket once folks w/o season tix this year get a taste of the new stadium atmosphere.

I called the ticket office, they said there was an "allotment" that they "resold" for various reasons, but when I asked if they "oversold" the student section, he said he didn't know anything about that?

I called the ticket office, they said there was an "allotment" that they "resold" for various reasons, but when I asked if they "oversold" the student section, he said he didn't know anything about that?

Could be that these are seats that were originally purchased as season tix but were bought by folks who didn't have the required credits?

Basically, despite being "sold" out there was empty space in the student section and they fixed it, regardless of how you would officially spin the explanation. Or maybe just due to University red tape there were some tickets that had been reserved through the student season ticket program that had never been paid for, and it took this long to set it straight. Either way, it sounds like more students and that is a good thing.

And don't worry about taking that bullet GoAUpher... it is Badger week and we should only be shooting nerf bullets at each other.

And don't worry about taking that bullet GoAUpher... it is Badger week and we should only be shooting nerf bullets at each other.

I don't mind taking a real bullet, but I would prefer it if you have one of the Wisky trolls shoot it. Given how much Wisky fans suck I think my odds of surviving are pretty good.

someone has been learning....

I don't mind taking a real bullet, but I would prefer it if you have one of the Wisky trolls shoot it. Given how much Wisky fans suck I think my odds of surviving are pretty good.
are you angling to become Schnoodler's Padu....I don't know how to spell that...pupil?

nice work by the AD and ticket office....

is it correct to assume that they have the system set up so that those students who already have season tickets are not able to purchase and then re-sell (i.e. make a profit off of) these "extras" to fellow U of M students?

Federated Insurance (as mentioned earlier) had what, 400 guests or so at the last game. It's possible that there are corporate "trade-out" tickets set aside for every game.

Or maybe everyone's right and the AD just got tired of hearing about "the couple hundred" empty seats in the student section. Great job either way!

Federated Insurance (as mentioned earlier) had what, 400 guests or so at the last game. It's possible that there are corporate "trade-out" tickets set aside for every game.

Or maybe everyone's right and the AD just got tired of hearing about "the couple hundred" empty seats in the student section. Great job either way!

I would think that the Federated folks would have been sitting in the AD owned seating (upper half of 246, etc).

Great, that is several hundred additional "greeters" for anyone that dares to wear Red.

Alright. Just stopped by Mariucci. Got this cleared up.

Extra student tickets ARE available for Wisconsin and Purdue (extremely limited for Wisconsin, apparently word is out and they have less than 15 left)

However I made sure to double check, and apparently this is NOT overselling. Returns, people who never picked up their tickets, drop outs, etc.

Sorry for the confusion. The kids I talked to, as well as myself, were under the impression it was overselling. Which I still think should be implemented.

My b.

If they are reselling tickets, based on returns or people that didn't pick them up, why would it only be for Wisconsin and Purdue? Why not sell them for the rest of the season?

We'll know for sure when they announce the paid attendance at the game. If it has increased, that means overselling. Which I'm fine with. I would go through and move markers on the benches in the seating section by a few inches, this would allow more tickets to be sold and still have a designated space for everyone to sit. The students are probably on average less wide than the older people anyway. :D

don't question...

If they are reselling tickets, based on returns or people that didn't pick them up, why would it only be for Wisconsin and Purdue? Why not sell them for the rest of the season?

just enjoy a section almost devoid of Wisconsin sucking. Besides with the hung over, 11:30 arriving student section, imagine your surprize when you see a jam packed student section mid-way thru the 2nd quarter.

I am assuming the reason for not selling for the rest of the season yet is because they have long enough lines just for the next to games as at some points the lines were out the door. I am sure they will sell them closer to those weeks.

Top Bottom