Outback Bowl: Wow, never had this before. Gopher players send thank-you notes for bowl invite

Classy. What we instilled upon our kids when they grew up.

Very cool. Little things like this leave impressions on people.

This program is pure class. Proud to be a fan. RTB, SUM, GG!

These guys are clearly learning the little things in life to be successful in the long run. To think that some guys don't want to come here to learn these little things.

This is great. After threatening to boycott the Holiday Bowl a few years ago, it's absolutely outstanding for Fleck to change the culture 180 degrees. Thankfulness...a value worth teaching.

Of note, the cards say Sky-U-Mah on them, no mention of Row the Boat at all... just another example of our selfish me first coach... ;)
They have "RTB" under the Block M on the back inside the ring. Plus the oars. I couldn't care less about that, personally, just pointing out that they did indeed mention Row the Boat. It seems a little "cutesy", but think this is a cool thing.

Just another example of how Coach Fleck is the perfect program coach for us. Too bad some of our "we must stand in front of anyone and everyone for the whole four hours whether they like it or not" crowd are not half so considerate. ? :unsure:;)

Nice gesture.

Just another example of how Coach Fleck is the perfect program coach for us. Too bad some of our "we must stand in front of anyone and everyone for the whole four hours whether they like it or not" crowd are not half so considerate. ? :unsure:;)

Are you going to turn every thing into a sit vs stand argument now? Time to move on.

Are you going to turn every thing into a sit vs stand argument now? Time to move on.

It is just nice to see that I am not alone in my efforts to teach manners to those sousted youngsters of today. Together, Coach Fleck and I will keep our fingers in the failing dykes of civilization.:horse:

Ok, Time to Change Our Best!!!! I think every GopherHoler should also send a thank you card! Is there a GopherHole Christmas card we can use?

We can all send cards to the Cotton Bowl for picking Penn State instead of us and consigning them to play Memphis on December 28 at noon on ESPN in the Dallas suburbs. A fate typically befitting a 3rd place SunBelt team.

They aren't even the full ABC game - that goes to Notre Dame - Iowa State opposite them. Penn State might have drawn the functionally worst major bowl invite in history.

We are up against that Michigan/Alabama game at the same time. Wonder how the ratings will start out between our game and that game, at least at first?

I hate to brag, but I send thank you cards for every gift I receive. Always have. Please tho, no admiration posts required.

I hate to brag, but I send thank you cards for every gift I receive. Always have. Please tho, no admiration posts required.
I really admire that, Spoofin. Personally though, I drive to each gift givers house, give them a firm handshake and leave without saying a word.

We are up against that Michigan/Alabama game at the same time. Wonder how the ratings will start out between our game and that game, at least at first?

I think pretty well. Minnesota was the breakout team of 2019 and Auburn's a big brand.

Did the team do something like this last year before the bowl game?

Did the team do something like this last year before the bowl game?
I was wondering the same thing, then remembered they didn’t really get invited/selected to the Quick Lane bowl, they were the only available team that Quick Lane had to take.

Top Bottom