Outback bowl trophy presentation

GDMFT

Reaction score
Does any one know where to find the trophy presentation? Looked on the ESPN app and can't find it on there.

ESPN had the trophy engraved with Auburn when it was announced they were playing the Gophers so they cancelled the presentation. They snuck it into an Auburn equipment case on their way out of the stadium.

PJ was posing with the trophy at his press conference, so I assume video of the presentation will be on Gopher Sport's youtube channel at some point...

Funny how espn doesn’t have a game recap yet but they do for the Bama/Michigan game.

Well, come on, I think we all agre that watching a humiliated group of Wolverines and a stressed out Harbaugh makes for some good reality TV drama.

This even beats the ratings of Kanye tirade followed by a Kim Kardashian nude Instagram

I don't think there was a presentation? Waited at the end of the game for a good 20 minutes and until all the players had left the field before and it hadn't happened?

I don't think there was a presentation? Waited at the end of the game for a good 20 minutes and until all the players had left the field before and it hadn't happened?
Wow. That kind of sucks!

Ski-U-Mah!

We got participation trophies. When your team sucks but you still get a trophy.

Ditto. Pretty much 90% of the Minnesota fans stuck around after the game, but there were no announcements or trophies handed out. Weird. Band put on a good postgame show, though.

Those idiots went straight to the Shitsconsin game.

Fleck mentioned it in the press conference saying something about the trophy being glass. I guess they didn't want anyone to break it.

The bias is annoying. Yes, we get it about the SEC but when we outplayed Auburn we should be recognized! We kept waiting after the game but no trophy.....

Loved how the announcer stressed that Auburn showed up, SECSPN loves to claim that the SEC teams never need to show up to bowl games because for them its CFP or bust :rolleyes:

Ditto. Pretty much 90% of the Minnesota fans stuck around after the game, but there were no announcements or trophies handed out. Weird. Band put on a good postgame show, though.
We waited, too. No trophy presentation.

Fleck mentioned it in the press conference saying something about the trophy being glass. I guess they didn't want anyone to break it.
Sounds like a nice trophy, something about being crystallized. Still could have done something as to a presentation on the field though (with a warning to players and staff that the trophy can't be hauled around like Floyd). Speaking of Floyd wonder if he has been eating well lately.

Sounds like a nice trophy, something about being crystallized. Still could have done something as to a presentation on the field though (with a warning to players and staff that the trophy can't be hauled around like Floyd). Speaking of Floyd wonder if he has been eating well lately.
Screen Shot 2020-01-01 at 9.36.39 PM.png

ESPN kept showing the Alabama highlights during later breaks, but very little on Minnesota. Auburn.. why? Is not the upset a better story?

ESPN kept showing the Alabama highlights during later breaks, but very little on Minnesota. Auburn.. why? Is not the upset a better story?

I guess ESPN is just going to pretend the game never happened, because they showed highlights of the other three games after the Sugar Bowl.

Yep, noticed it as well.

They’re taking over ownership of the SEC Network. Maybe they feel like highlighting a Big Ten team beating one of their cash cows isn’t in their best interest.

EDIT: They’re finally showing some highlights.

Top Bottom