Outback Bowl Attendance - 45,652

Outside of someone like me, how many people would go to a game to watch teams they don't cheer for?
Although not a lot there were fans of other B1G schools at the game. Saw Purdue, tOSU, Sparty, and even some Buckys in attendance. The ones I spoke with were all very interested in the game (guess that makes sense in that they were there) and liked a resurgent Minnesota.

Progress.

During the "row" chant at the end they panned the crowd and a dad and 2 kids wearing V-Tech shirts were joining in. That was fun to see.

Outside of someone like me, how many people would go to a game to watch teams they don't cheer for?

I probably would once in a while if I lived someplace like Florida where the bowl games a good and I wouldn't be spending money on season tickets for the Gophers.

Where does that 45,000 rank versus other bowl games ? The TV ratings will be out soon and that will tell us who watched what.

During the "row" chant at the end they panned the crowd and a dad and 2 kids wearing V-Tech shirts were joining in. That was fun to see.
During our "row" chants at the end with fans on the Jumbotron I turned to the guy next to me and said "We're now officially a cult."

Got a great laugh in response.

Could someone please pass me another cup of Fleckade?

Progress.

I'm surprised to hear we had more there but I trust that we did. From the looks on TV we were way outnumbered. I think that's because the empty seats looked Auburn orange-ish and some camera angles the ESPN crew used.

I'm surprised to hear we had more there but I trust that we did. From the looks on TV we were way outnumbered. I think that's because the empty seats looked Auburn orange-ish and some camera angles the ESPN crew used.
That orange created a good illusion. There were definitely more of us. Even a Auburn reporter called it a "home game" for the Gophers.

Although not a lot there were fans of other B1G schools at the game. Saw Purdue, tOSU, Sparty, and even some Buckys in attendance. The ones I spoke with were all very interested in the game (guess that makes sense in that they were there) and liked a resurgent Minnesota.

Progress.
I saw Nebraska fans too.

Top Bottom