oturu has big game in summer league

Good to see. Hopefully Oturu finds a role. Guys like him it's not always the best spot to be on a loaded roster like the Clippers. Hope he blows up this summer and moves up the Clipper roster.

Go Gophers!!

Good to see. Hopefully Oturu finds a role. Guys like him it's not always the best spot to be on a loaded roster like the Clippers. Hope he blows up this summer and moves up the Clipper roster.

Go Gophers!!

Correct. Probably he would be better off being part of a trade package to a rebuilding team.

He's doing pretty well so far in the summer league. After two games, he is tied for 3rd in rebounds per game (11.5) with Turkish player Alperen Sengun and former St. Johns/Oregon player LJ Figueroa. Former Maryland player Jalen Smith is first with 13.5. Oturu is the leader in blocks per game (4.5) with Sengun and Omer Yurtseven in second place with 4.0.

If you've watched the games, Coffey has really struggled and I am not sure Oturu has done as well as hoped for a second year player. Amir is having problems most noticeably with his outside shot and turning the ball over. He struggles with the strength of the guys defending him and is left hand dependent when going to the basket so its tough for him to finish even when he has a step. The bigger issue is that his outside shot has been a mess and you just simply don't have to guard him out there. I believe he has as many turnovers as points through two games and got ejected for arguing (what looked like a terrible call to be fair) in that second game.

Daniel has had a number of impressive blocks at the rim in both games, that has been his standout skill so far. At times Diakate(sp? I think he played at Virginia) got the better of him in their first game against Milwaukee. Daniel has also struggled offensively for the Clippers badly airballing a top of the key 3 in both games and having issues cleanly catching the ball at times. He was better in game 2, but in game 1 you would hardly have recognized him from his time at Minnesota. It seemed to me like he was lacking confidence on the offensive end as he was rushing every time the ball came his way and as a result settling for ugly looking shots (when he actually caught it cleanly). I kind of wonder if the Clippers using him to tank in the final game of the season against OKC might have some lingering effects. There's definitely an NBA player there as he has added a bit of size and runs the court well for a 5...he's just got to have the game slow down for him a bit and/or trust in his skill set more offensively.

If you've watched the games, Coffey has really struggled and I am not sure Oturu has done as well as hoped for a second year player. Amir is having problems most noticeably with his outside shot and turning the ball over. He struggles with the strength of the guys defending him and is left hand dependent when going to the basket so its tough for him to finish even when he has a step. The bigger issue is that his outside shot has been a mess and you just simply don't have to guard him out there. I believe he has as many turnovers as points through two games and got ejected for arguing (what looked like a terrible call to be fair) in that second game.

Daniel has had a number of impressive blocks at the rim in both games, that has been his standout skill so far. At times Diakate(sp? I think he played at Virginia) got the better of him in their first game against Milwaukee. Daniel has also struggled offensively for the Clippers badly airballing a top of the key 3 in both games and having issues cleanly catching the ball at times. He was better in game 2, but in game 1 you would hardly have recognized him from his time at Minnesota. It seemed to me like he was lacking confidence on the offensive end as he was rushing every time the ball came his way and as a result settling for ugly looking shots (when he actually caught it cleanly). I kind of wonder if the Clippers using him to tank in the final game of the season against OKC might have some lingering effects. There's definitely an NBA player there as he has added a bit of size and runs the court well for a 5...he's just got to have the game slow down for him a bit and/or trust in his skill set more offensively.
Good breakdown thanks. Coffey put the Gopher O on his back, sounds like those days are over. I was thinking the only thing that could make me watch the Timberwolves is if they added Oturu to the front line as a wing. Not saying it would work but it would give me a reason to check the channel at least. I remember a few years ago when there was a late game against Sacramento and it did not even register on the TV rates scale.

Oturu wasn't very good in Friday night's game. He didn't look so good out there and finished with 9 fouls (that's not a misprint!) and 5 turnovers. Coffey looked a little better than he has but shot only 6 of 16 from the field and missed all 6 of his three point shots. In general the Clippers' summer league team is pretty poor.

Don’t be surprised to see him get moved again.

Top Bottom