Otto......

Otto or Oto...The only Gopher Basketball Player who is so talented, he can spell his name frontwards and backwards at the same time.

ruppertflywheel can not do that. :)

Oto's shot is definitely broken right now. It appears he's worked a lot on his mechanics, but I'm not sure the change is for the better.

I also noticed the ugly set shot. He did a jump shot last year, so i'm not sure why he changed. It was very slow and awkward looking.

He's looked awful so far... I hope he figures it out though I don't expect him to be even close to an impact player this year or in his career.

He's looked awful so far... I hope he figures it out though I don't expect him to be even close to an impact player this year or in his career.

So says another expert judge who is with Oto everyday in practice. :confused:

Like you've said manyatime Doc... I'm one of the many armchair coaches that gets the opportunity to voice my thoughts on this page. I just don't see Oto turning into much. Just a simple man's opinion.

Hope I'm wrong.

Like you've said manyatime Doc... I'm one of the many armchair coaches that gets the opportunity to voice my thoughts on this page. I just don't see Oto turning into much. Just a simple man's opinion.

Hope I'm wrong.

The whole thing is this, Madman...Several of us judge our players by a game, a glimpse, a video, and all that. Can you imagine how hard it really is at the Major College Level to judge the talent and/or potential of a kid without having knowledge and foresight? I will admit, some of it is luck. But if a player is good enough to be a Gopher, I will stand up and support him. He is a lot better than I am anyway, so who am I to criticize?

The whole thing is this, Madman...Several of us judge our players by a game, a glimpse, a video, and all that. Can you imagine how hard it really is at the Major College Level to judge the talent and/or potential of a kid without having knowledge and foresight? I will admit, some of it is luck. But if a player is good enough to be a Gopher, I will stand up and support him. He is a lot better than I am anyway, so who am I to criticize?

Valid. I agree with you that the option that we have in this day and age to take pot shots at 18 year old kids if we feel like it is a relatively new thing that this generation of student athlete is forced to deal with. I'm with you... I support Gopher basketball and I want it to succeed. By nature I'm an optimist, but occasionally I'll rip a guy or two. Oto just seems lost to me. Like I said, I hope I'm wrong.

Top Bottom