Otto??

they can sign 3 this fall. 3. Otto wont be in school if they can't get him eligible. He will and can go back to prep school to get his core courses to meet the clearinghouse requirements. Unless he's gods gift they aren't going to waste a scholly on a redshirt. Elliot is a redshirt victim already. He needs a year to build up strength. Why waste a year for possibly 3 - 5 minutes a night. They wont waste 2 scholly's on redshirts. no way!!!

let me be more clear fot

I should have been more clear fot. instead of saying late i should have said spring.

they can sign 3 this fall. 3. Otto wont be in school if they can't get him eligible. He will and can go back to prep school to get his core courses to meet the clearinghouse requirements. Unless he's gods gift they aren't going to waste a scholly on a redshirt. Elliot is a redshirt victim already. He needs a year to build up strength. Why waste a year for possibly 3 - 5 minutes a night. They wont waste 2 scholly's on redshirts. no way!!!

They can sign more than 3 if they want to do so.

Hahah, I didn't notice you had already beat me to it.

"looks like we messed it up this year by signing chip and maverick so far."

Didn't you say our defense would be impenetrable with Chip in the rotation? Do you no longer think Chip is a worthwhile recruit?

Otto

My sources say tell me that Otto has failed his drug test and has taken a job as a school bus driver.

So there were schools that stayed away from Oto because they didn't think he'd be eligible but we signed him? Isn't that the same reason we stayed away from Jacob Thomas?

So there were schools that stayed away from Oto because they didn't think he'd be eligible but we signed him? Isn't that the same reason we stayed away from Jacob Thomas?

Gophers signed SG Austin Hollins (6-3 or 6-4) instead of SG Jacob Thomas (6-3 or 6-4). Hollins had the grades to enroll at Minnesota and be eligible to play. Thomas is not currently listed on LBSU roster and therefore, presumably is ineligible to play there.

Oto was a promising spring replacement for unexpected transfer Paul Carter.

Gophers signed SG Austin Hollins (6-3 or 6-4) instead of SG Jacob Thomas (6-3 or 6-4). Hollins had the grades to enroll at Minnesota and be eligible to play. Thomas is not currently listed on LBSU roster and therefore, presumably is ineligible to play there.

FOT: Oto was a promising spring replacement for unexpected transfer Paul Carter.

If they signed Hollins over Thomas then explain to me why they also signed Ahamnisi AND Armelin?

The point that YOU don't get is that they took a chance on Oto when other schools wouldn't because he had eligiblity issues. Why wouldn't they take the same chance on Thomas? I'm positive you'll have the answer.

with foreign players it comes down to how the clearinghouse views thier transcripts from thier hschools overseas. with jacob thomas most schools knew he was going to be jc bound so that is why people backed off. Monson took a chance and reached out and i'm sure they would love to place him at a jc where they feel strongly that they can get another player from next year but also be in consideration when j thomas graduates from the jc. 2 years from now. He can sign with whomever he wants during the early signing period (nov. 2011).

Timing seems to be the key issue with Hollins and Thomas. They only had three scholership available when they were recruiting Hollins and Thomas and really did not need to take a chance on anyone. By the time they were recruiting Otto, White quit, Mbwake was trying to transfer, and Carter had already decided to transfer. They really had to take a chance.

Timing seems to be the key issue with Hollins and Thomas. They only had three scholership available when they were recruiting Hollins and Thomas and really did not need to take a chance on anyone. By the time they were recruiting Otto, White quit, Mbwake was trying to transfer, and Carter had already decided to transfer. They really had to take a chance.

Now this makes a little more sense. Not as cut and dry as FOT tries to make it seem. Honestly I don't know Thomas's grades. But I know there were rumblings last year about Rodney Williams grades and he didn't get cleared until around a month before school started. But he did get in. If we woulda took a chance on Thomas and he didn't qualify we still could've ended up with Ahamnisi or Armelin. Not both.

Now this makes a little more sense. Not as cut and dry as FOT tries to make it seem. Honestly I don't know Thomas's grades. But I know there were rumblings last year about Rodney Williams grades and he didn't get cleared until around a month before school started. But he did get in. If we woulda took a chance on Thomas and he didn't qualify we still could've ended up with Ahamnisi or Armelin. Not both.

That's pretty much what I said, Gophers took Hollins as SG recruit and held out for Cory Joseph as PG recruit. Oto was signed as spring F replacement for Carter (and others).

Jacob Thomas is not listed on Long Beach roster. He's not qualified (yet) or eligible to play.

IF he goes JuCo, he'll have to wait 2 years to sign again. He must earn Associates degree from JC to play Div I if he fails to qualify out of HS.

he could actually sign next fall during the early signing period. that will all depend on his freshman year on and off the court. i just hope he goes to a good juco in texas or kansas to play agains the best competition and to a school that makes sure he gets his grades in line.

he could actually sign next fall during the early signing period. that will all depend on his freshman year on and off the court. i just hope he goes to a good juco in texas or kansas to play agains the best competition and to a school that makes sure he gets his grades in line.

Actually, not if he fails to qualify and chooses JuCo. He must then earn 2-yr Associates degree at JC if he goes JuCo.

He can opt for Prep school, sign this fall, and try to qualify again.

Top Bottom