Oto Osenieks Visit ?

Section201

Reaction score
A piece at the MN Daily about Walker and Cory ended with this tidbit:

Oto Osenieks, a 6-foot-9 forward, has been recruited by Minnesota but has yet to come on an official visit. Aaron Lee, Osenieks’ coach at Brehm Preparatory School in Carbondale, Ill., said Tuesday that the University was pursuing other players as well and may not have a scholarship for him.

“We should know sometime in the next 24 hours whether or not he’s coming for a visit this weekend,” Lee said.

http://www.mndaily.com/2010/04/14/tubby-recruits-walker-hopes-land-cory-joseph

Two questions:

1. Don't we still have a scholarship laying around (Paul Carter's) Oto could have if offered.
2. Anyone heard anything about an Oto visit?

Or another question you could ask is there a person Tubby is recruiting that we are currently unaware of?

Or another question you could ask is there a person Tubby is recruiting that we are currently unaware of?

That's what I'm figuring as well. If there isn't a scholarship available for Osenieks, it would figure that there would be another player in the mix that we don't know about because on the surface, it would appear that we have more than enough for Osenieks, Cory Joseph and even another player or two with Cobbs transfering.

That's what I'm figuring as well. If there isn't a scholarship available for Osenieks, it would figure that there would be another player in the mix that we don't know about because on the surface, it would appear that we have more than enough for Osenieks, Cory Joseph and even another player or two with Cobbs transfering.

Could it be that Royce has contacted Tubby and now there's a hold on that scholly until Tubby figures out if he wants him back or not?

Myron says he's visiting this weekend:

"Oto Osenieks, a 6-9 forward from Brehm Prep in Carbondale, Ill., will visit Gophers Friday, according to source."

Go Gophers!!

Two questions:

1. Don't we still have a scholarship laying around (Paul Carter's) Oto could have if offered.
2. Anyone heard anything about an Oto visit?

1) We potentially have scholarships galore, but think of what the real situation might be... the coach isn't going to say, 'we're not sure if Minnesota has true interest in him yet... if they are not sold on him, they may not have him come visit...'... a better sounding way to describe the situation is 'they might be booked full with other kids'. I don't think it's a scholarships-are-tied-up-already issue.

2) Yes - initially thought it would be 4/10. As of last week, the expectation was that he would visit on 4/16. I will send you a private message with a little more.

BTW, there was an interest on Osenieks' part in UWGB.. but of course their coach left for Toledo... just this morning, Brian Wardle, former Marquette stud and a UWGB assistant, was named UWGB's head coach. I'm biased, but think it's an excellent hire.

Osenieks looked like a 2011 vs. 2010.. I think that is still an outside possibility, but he is ready to go play at the collegiate level. 6'8", much more of a wing 3 guy than a 4.

------- from a 4/9/10 post:
4/10 was the plan for Oto. As of this morning, the current plan is that Oto will now visit a week from today (4/16).

Top Bottom