OTHER THAN MINNESOTA

Stanford. The best academics for a school with an actual competitive athletic program. One of the service academies would be good as well.

Other schools..........

I would like to see my kid go to Notre Dame. Best known college in the nation. Go Gophers and Irish!!!

Wherever they want to go to school.

If they need suggestions:

1. Any of the Ivies
2. Stanford
3. Cal
4. Vanderbilt
5. Michigan
6. Virginia
7. UCLA
8. UT-Austin
9. Georgia Tech
10. UNC

Sorted for academics/my preferences for places to visit/quality of football.

Stanford, Cal, maybe Northwestern. More to college than football. I think Stanford and Cal would provide an experience just as big as football or even academics.

Illinois, Purdue, Texas, Penn St, Rice, Stanford.

Automatic disowning: Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan, Notre Dame, or any Ivy.

Eker said it best, wherever they want. Your suggested list is pretty good especially the top 5. Off the top of my head, I might substitute Texas A&M, NW, Penn St. and CO as a few suggested possibilities given your academics/football criteria.

I know I'm in the minority here... but Nebraska of course. :cool02:

This thread is really stupid.

I'll go in the opposite direction and say Auburn. GET ME THAT CASH MONEY!

I'm assuming committing means athletic scholarship. If they have a MN offer and other's, I would push for Arkansas since my wife grew up there. After that, hopefully a combination a best academics, athletics and feeling of home.

UCLA
DePaul
NYU
Stanford
Washington

Any college in a city I like to visit really.

If he/she picked Iowa or Wisc. I'd have to cut them out of all of the family pictures.

There is no argument that Stanford and Cal have the highest ranked academics for the 118 FBS schools. I would disown him for a USC choice.

There is no argument that Stanford and Cal have the highest ranked academics for the 118 FBS schools.

Sure there is. According to USN&WR, Duke, Northwestern, Rice, Vanderbilt, and Notre Dame are all more highly rated than Cal.

If I have a son, UC Santa Barbara.....HOT CHICKS!!
Although, TCU jumped up my list after their wonderful performance in last years Rose Bowl!

Anywhere BUT Wiscy/Iowa.

Saint Mary's of course. Especially since we haven't lost a football game in over 50 years. :p

If I have a son, UC Santa Barbara.....HOT CHICKS!!
Although, TCU jumped up my list after their wonderful performance in last years Rose Bowl!

no football at ucsb, i have a good friend who studied math and physics at ucsb and enrolled at santa barbara city just to play football. he accelerates particles at near the speed of light now-a-days.

but that would be my first choice as well. i don't believe that there is any better place to go to school than santa barbara (isla vista), if you consider location, student body, and academics. top flight.

i would push for cal because it was my favorite college team growing up.

Sure there is. According to USN&WR, Duke, Northwestern, Rice, Vanderbilt, and Notre Dame are all more highly rated than Cal.

Football traditions says Cal beats out all the above schools and academically Cal is as difficult as the above mentioned. ND is the like the cowboys, They have been meaningless for 20 years. My Son's high school QB, turned down many full rides to walk on at Stanford, he is now #2 behind Andrew Luck. My son also turned down a 40% academic scholarship to UCSB. He also surfs daily but wants out of Cali. and likes blondes, bowhunting, and bass.

UVA, the school was founded, designed, and originally staffed by Thomas Jefferson.

Top Bottom