Other Games Thread Weekend of October 12

Stan

Reaction score
This Louisville team is fun to watch tonight. They sure have quite the athletic department and their program has really established itself as a real solid program.

The cheer squad is fun to watch as well.

USC has started strong against Arizona up 14-0. And Congrats to the Lynx who swept all 7 games of the playoffs this year to win the WNBA title.

Fox Sports 1 announcers, and studio staff suck so bad. Holy crap, get them on #AggieVision.

Arizona's uniforms look like they were culled from the 1970's Houston Astros baseball uniforms. Good game though.

Fox Sports 1 announcers, and studio staff suck so bad. Holy crap, get them on #AggieVision.

Arizona's uniforms look like they were culled from the 1970's Houston Astros baseball uniforms. Good game though.

I only made it to the end of the 3rd quarter. I agree though, those were some ugly Arizona uniforms with a definite Astros bend. USC had too much talent for them, at least through the first 3 quarters. I wonder if Rich Rod regrets leaving West Virginia in a huff like he did. Its all been downhill from there.

LSU vs. Florida at Baton Rouge. This could be classic. Oklahoma vs. Texas has huge implications. This could be Mack's last stand. These are two games I am going to keep eyes on.

I saw an article this week that RichRod was offered the Alabama job before Saban was, and he decided he'd rather stay at WVU than go there. Of course, the story was coming from RichRod himself, so take it with a grain of salt, but it's at least plausible, given that WVU was on a great run, back-to-back top 10 AP finishes, and had come within a game of going to the national title game. If true, talk about your all-time backfires.

LSU vs. Florida at Baton Rouge. This could be classic. Oklahoma vs. Texas has huge implications. This could be Mack's last stand. These are two games I am going to keep eyes on.

Curious to find out, what will win out?

A potent, up-tempo offensive team with a sieve-like defense (Indiana) vs. a stout against-the-run-and-pass defensive team with a slow-to-emerge offense (Michigan State)?

I saw an article this week that RichRod was offered the Alabama job before Saban was, and he decided he'd rather stay at WVU than go there. Of course, the story was coming from RichRod himself, so take it with a grain of salt, but it's at least plausible, given that WVU was on a great run, back-to-back top 10 AP finishes, and had come within a game of going to the national title game. If true, talk about your all-time backfires.

Well if RichRod couldn't make a go of it at Michigan, I'm not sure he'd have done any better at Alabama. Clearly 'Bama gets better recruits, but crappy coaching is still crappy coaching. Bama certainly got the right guy...

Curious to find out, what will win out?

A potent, up-tempo offensive team with a sieve-like defense (Indiana) vs. a stout against-the-run-and-pass defensive team with a slow-to-emerge offense (Michigan State)?

I say Michigan State puts just enough points on the board and that defense shuts down IU....17-10.

I say Michigan State puts just enough points on the board and that defense shuts down IU....17-10.

I'm thinkin' Sparty's defense will give up a few big plays that for the most part they've avoided, but they'll mostly bend but not break while scoring a TD of their own. They'll give up some points, but the story of the day will be Sparty's O (and IU's continued lack of D). Sparty 37-23.

What's our feeling about Northwestern vs. Wisky? At Wisky...NW coming off a tough loss...I'm going with Wisky 31-20.

I was offered to take the Twins GM job after Bill Smith was let go a few years ago, but I didn't want to miss the corn harvest down here in Iowa.

I was offered to take the Twins GM job after Bill Smith was let go a few years ago, but I didn't want to miss the corn harvest down here in Iowa.

Ya, the Twins called me too. I turned them down because the money was not enough to entice me either.

Just turned on Nebraska @ Purdue. Looks close to HALF Nebraska fans! If not more!

#2 Oregon (5-0) Vs. #16 Washington (4-1)
#5 Georgia (4-1) Vs. #25 Missouri (5-0)
#10 LSU (5-1) Vs. #17 Florida (4-1)
#18 Michigan Vs. Penn State (3-2)
#19 Northwestern Vs. Wisconsin (3-2)
Michigan State (4-1) Vs. Indiana (3-2)

I don't know about ya'll... but today is Christmas...
whoo.png

Purdue is going to get rolled. I'm more interested to see Indiana get pasted by MSU. And even more interested to see Texas get pasted by OU. Then we can say goodnight Mack Brown.

I turn the damn game on and Indiana is already up 6-0 on a 64 yard td run. Good for them...

Now 7-0

Nebraska's best O-Lineman just went down hurt. Looked to be in quite a bit of pain.

Indiana's Offense is moving the ball pretty effectively against Michigan State's "great" Defense...

Wow. Missouri up by 18 over Georgia at the half. I know Georgia is banged up, but still.

Indiana's Offense is moving the ball pretty effectively against Michigan State's "great" Defense...

They're moving it well, but MSU is getting key stops when they have to. IU scored on a huge play and then again following a muffed punt. I know the mantra around GH lately is, "You never know what can happen," but the more I see these two teams play, the less likely I think it is that Minn beats either of them. It'll be interesting to see PSU-Mich today, as I haven't watched much of PSU this year...

To those of you who pointed out how bad Galloway and Mowins are, thanks I hadn't noticed and now I agree/notice. Neither one seems to have enthusiasm or at least that's what it sounds like.

Michigan State: 10-for-10 on third down. I think Indiana's offense is legit, but Michigan State offense > Indiana defense.

They're moving it well, but MSU is getting key stops when they have to. IU scored on a huge play and then again following a muffed punt. I know the mantra around GH lately is, "You never know what can happen," but the more I see these two teams play, the less likely I think it is that Minn beats either of them. It'll be interesting to see PSU-Mich today, as I haven't watched much of PSU this year...

I think PSU-MICH will be good. Hopefully Michigan smashes PSU...

This tickles my fancy...Butthead and Arkansas taking a beating from South Carolina.

I was going to post the same thing, Cheers.

Sorry Deltahog nothing against Arkansas just the coach.

Top Bottom