Other Games Thread (Sat December 13th)

Grant

Reaction score
No college football today?! Army Navy is worth watching though. Also the FCS playoffs I guess. Coastal Carolin at NDSU at 11AM on ESPN too.

Air Force has the Commander-In-Chief's Trophy, but Army-Navy is always the big event. I was in the Air Force in the 80s and early 90s, and I didn't know anyone who paid the slightest attention to Air Force sports. This was before widespread cable coverage, so perhaps it is different today. We couldn't watch Air Force football, so I guess it isn't surprising that few paid much attention to it. Was it different with Army and Navy in those days?

The DII & DIII playoffs are on ESPN3 as well. MSU-Mankato plays in one of the semifinals against Concord at 3, while West Georgia (Fellow Gulf South Conference member with Florida Tech) plays Colorado State-Pueblo at 6:30 in the other semifinal. Only one FBS game but still plenty of good football to watch today.

Wow. Chanticleers return a kickoff. 17-17.

Air Force has the Commander-In-Chief's Trophy, but Army-Navy is always the big event. I was in the Air Force in the 80s and early 90s, and I didn't know anyone who paid the slightest attention to Air Force sports. This was before widespread cable coverage, so perhaps it is different today. We couldn't watch Air Force football, so I guess it isn't surprising that few paid much attention to it. Was it different with Army and Navy in those days?

I don't know about others, but I always was interested in the Army-Navy game. A tradition of our Arrmed Forces.

God Bless America!!!

I don't know about others, but I always was interested in the Army-Navy game. A tradition of our Arrmed Forces.

God Bless America!!!

Even though Air Force usually has a better team, people pay a lot of attention to Army-Navy, and little to Army-Air Force or Navy-Air Force. Part of it may be a holdover from when Army and Navy were among the powers in college football. The Air Force Academy sort of feels like an afterthought, and I say this as a veteran of the U.S. Air Force.

God Bless America!!!

Yup. It's almost always a game of raw emotion and terrific hitting. And I'm a fan of the pageantry.

Been in USAF for three years now. I agree, at least among enlisted folks, not much interest at all in AFA athletics. I do know that officers' clubs on most installations have viewing parties for the AF-Army and AF-Navy games. But yes, Army-Navy will always be the big one, which is fine. We all know that the Navy-AFA game is the one which determines the CIC Trophy anyways.

24-20. NDSU at half. CC field goal to end the half. Good game on ESPN.

Bison take lead. 39-32 in fourth.

NDSU now up 39-32 with less than 10 minutes to play. Fantastic game if you're not watching.

Coastal Carolina's Coach has an epic toupee and a horrible QB.

impressive that all bison fans wear the same color. looked kind of cool on tv, would be nice if we could pull that off.

Final score...NDSU 39 Coastal Carolina 32.

The Bison move on.

Congrats to NDSU.

Hey your favorite team moves on! I bet you are happy!

Hey asshole. I never said they were my favorite team.

I admire the success they have had, they are close to me, and whether you like it or not, I will root for the Bison in the FCS playoffs..

So suck an egg.

Mankato absolutely crushing Concord - 44-7 to begin the 4th.

That plus the NDSU victory - nice job today by Minnesota kids!

Mankato absolutely crushing Concord - 44-7 to begin the 4th.

That plus the NDSU victory - nice job today by Minnesota kids!

Don't tell go4ergold that, he/she/it will give ya holy hell.

Top Bottom