Other B1G Conference Games 2022-23

Hoosiers out battled Iowa 87-78 moving to 13-1 in conference play. Scalia with 8 points and 3 assists in 32 minutes.

Purdue (7-6) continued on its path to the NCAA tourney winning at Rutgers (4-8) 68-54

The Illini pull off a great escape in Lincoln turning a double digit 3rd quarter deficit into a 72-64 victory. Illinois is now 9-5 while the Huskers are 6-7.

Thursday night's top-five matchup between No. 2 Indiana and No. 5 Iowa delivered 325,000 viewers, making it the most-watched women's basketball telecast in Big Ten Network history. The previous record of 286,000 viewers was set during the 2022 Big Ten Women's Basketball Tournament in a matchup between Iowa and Nebraska.

Indiana's next two games will air live on the Big Ten Network, as the Hoosiers face No. 13 Ohio State and No. 12 Michigan

At the Half:

Illinois leads Maryland in College Park 37-28. The Illini, playing without Genisis Bryant, hit five threes in the first quarter and eight total in the first half.

Michigan leads Nebraska 36-31 in Ann Arbor. Four Wolverines have two fouls

Nebraska took the lead with a 7-0 run early in the third; but Michigan fought back to win 80-75. Leigha Brown had 23 points and 10 assists for the Wolverines who move to 10-4. The now 6-8 Huskers prepare for the Gophers.

Maryland 12-3 got back on track rolling over the 9-6 Illini in the second half for a 82-71 final.

On BTN Indiana leads Ohio State at the half in Columbus 54-29. Scalia with 17 points (5-6 from three)

Indiana finished off Ohio state 83-59. Holmes with 33 and Scalia with a season high 24 for the Hoosiers. McMahon dropped 22 for the Buckeyes.

Wisconsin Badgers rout Rutgers 88-62. Gophers inch closer to the bottom of the BIG at 3-13.
Badgers now 4-12 in conference tied with Penn State. It is feasible that Gopher MBB and WBB both finish last in the BIG. Not sure if that has ever happened. We are at an all time low for MN basketball.

Damn. If we get Maryland vs Ohio State level ball next week, it's going to be a fun tournament
Unfortunately, I need to have a rooting interest to get into a game. The gophers are my rooting interest. If I was just wanting to watch the best basketball I would only watch professional basketball or national team basketball.

Unfortunately, I need to have a rooting interest to get into a game. The gophers are my rooting interest. If I was just wanting to watch the best basketball I would only watch professional basketball or national team basketball.
Got it.
For me the B1G has a boatload of talent and personalities both on the court and on the benchs. Add some intensity and stir for a fun time. Of course, during the B1G tournament the intensity generally doesn't come from the sparse crowd. Fortunately, players like Clark, Miller, Brown, etc. are capable of ramping up the atmosphere on their own.

Got it.
For me the B1G has a boatload of talent and personalities both on the court and on the benchs. Add some intensity and stir for a fun time. Of course, during the B1G tournament the intensity generally doesn't come from the sparse crowd. Fortunately, players like Clark, Miller, Brown, etc. are capable of ramping up the atmosphere on their own.
During the ncaa tournament I often develop some rooting interests, especially against certain teams. Generally for B1G teams.

Wisconsin beats Michigan without Leigha Brown and Phelia. Anyone have any idea why Brown has been suspended the last 2 games?

What was Indiana doing? Watch #12 for Indiana do jumping jacks and not guard anyone… They let Clark get the ball going to her right and right into her shot.. amazing.. Great shot great game

Fun game ! CC is an amazing player but I am tired of her whining, complaining about every foul n doing her MJ shrug in the face of opponents . She needs 2 get a few T’s 2 shut that down. She reminds me of Taurasi in both her game and her 🤮 factor.

Fun game ! CC is an amazing player but I am tired of her whining, complaining about every foul n doing her MJ shrug in the face of opponents . She needs 2 get a few T’s 2 shut that down. She reminds me of Taurasi in both her game and her 🤮 factor.
I agree totally. She's just like Taurasi. On offense, Taurasi elevated pushing off while driving to the basket to an art form. Like Taurasi, Clark's usually the aggressor, but acts the victim. Still, if she were a Gopher, I'd probably love her.

I'm sorry but Caitlin isn't the only player to talking to the officials. Just about every player for Indiana was complaining to the refs not to mention their coach being on the floor more than the players. There isn't a team anywhere that doesn't complain. Just my opinion but I think the fans are more ( I hate to use the word jealous) that they don't have a CC. When the Gophers start an upswing look out because you'll get that very same treatment from all the other fans around the conference. Gophers will be a whole lot better next year and MB will be in the forefront. Congrats on beating Purdue. Good win.

Just watched the Iowa/Indiana replay. As I said about Maryland/Ohio State, if we get that kind of intensity at Target Center out of the top teams, it's going to be awesome. However, Lisa Bluder, judging by her reaction to Clark's game winner, might appreciate a little break.

Just watched the Iowa/Indiana replay. As I said about Maryland/Ohio State, if we get that kind of intensity at Target Center out of the top teams, it's going to be awesome. However, Lisa Bluder, judging by her reaction to Clark's game winner, might appreciate a little break.
That reaction was priceless. Exhaustion? Relief? "Ive-created-a-monster?"

Big 10 tournament is going to be some really good basketball. Hope people can come out to Target Center and support these young women.

Maybe it was: How do I top this?

Packed house, national TV, exceptional players, we lost, we won, I diagramed a drive to the bucket but Clark closed it out with a three.
I do feel like that game, that bucket in front of a national audience pretty much sealed her as the national player of the year.

I'm sorry but Caitlin isn't the only player to talking to the officials. Just about every player for Indiana was complaining to the refs not to mention their coach being on the floor more than the players. There isn't a team anywhere that doesn't complain. Just my opinion but I think the fans are more ( I hate to use the word jealous) that they don't have a CC. When the Gophers start an upswing look out because you'll get that very same treatment from all the other fans around the conference. Gophers will be a whole lot better next year and MB will be in the forefront. Congrats on beating Purdue. Good win.
Never said CC was the only player complaining. It’s too common but in IMHO the POY this repeated whining detracts from her greatness. There are many excellent examples of star players who let their game speak for itself without all the drama.

Top Bottom