OT: Tar Heels on the bubble??

tjgopher

Reaction score
With their loss tonight, defending national champ North Carolina is now 12-7 overall and 1-3 in the ACC. They're RPI is now 60th! They have work to do to make the NCAA. Yet, they are ranked #24 in the nation.

They won't be ranked next week.

Yes, they're in trouble. Their schedule isn't easy with 2 games against Duke still.

With their loss tonight, defending national champ North Carolina is now 12-7 overall and 1-3 in the ACC. They're RPI is now 60th! They have work to do to make the NCAA. Yet, they are ranked #24 in the nation.

Roy Williams has the longest NCAA appearance streak at 20 straight among active Div I coaches.

They definitely don't deserve it right now, but we'll see how far their name gets them. They're 1-3 in the ACC, and three of those games have been at home - they have a tough road ahead.

It's strange having the Tar Heels in any jeopardy at this time of the year. They're right there on the bubble with the rest of us. It's comforting to know the bluebloods can be run of the mill once in a while, too.

SS, I know the name shoudn't have anything to do with the picking process of who's in and who's out. I also know that we(the public) will always get the politically correct answer but in reality how much does a name like UNC or Duke or Kentucky really help a team?

The name of the school means nothing, though I'm sure I'm in the minority in that belief. Neither does the name of your coach, nor the name of your star player. Overall, I think the Selection Committee does a darn good job selecting the correct at-large teams every year.

The big names of Jim Boeheim/Syracuse and Bob Huggins (when at K-State) weren't enough to get their teams into the field when they were on the bubble in recent years. Those are just two examples.

Top Bottom