OT: How big is high school FB in Texas?

Holy Crap. Think about how many text books that could buy.

Allen ISD

Holy Crap. Think about how many text books that could buy.

Allen ISD has plenty of money for textbooks and enviable educational facilities. They do "everything" at a high level. The citizens are willing to pay for the best there.

Wow, this is while school districts all over the place are cutting teachers. Can you think about the up roar if Edina tried to build a $25 million hockey rink. This is crazy.

Most people just don't realize how much money can be made from football.

But then again, people don't enjoy football up here as they do down there.

I'm not from Allen, so I don't know the particulars of the situation. But I'm guessing a big reason why this bond was passed was due to the other $60 million dollars in the package that will go towards building other things on the campus including an auditorium.

When I was a freshman a new high school had been built in my hometown and the auditorium alone was over $23 million. And now they are going to put in multi-million dollar turf at the football stadium. Pretty crazy numbers to think about.

I'm also thinking that they are going to attract more playoff games and maybe even host out of state programs in an effort to turn this into as much of a money maker as they can.

The plans really make it look like a mini-DKR (where Texas plays). I know football here in Texas is big, but even I was taken aback by the plans. Crazy stuff.

Top Bottom