OT: Gopher Women Lose to Winona State

Winona State isn't gonna get invited back to Williams Arena for a long time.

Hopefully the ladies weren't focusing, I'd rather this not be like the season when the men lost to WSU.

I do.

It is not a good sign that the ladies could not get ready for WSU. I fear another inconsistent year winning tough games and losing to cupcakes. I hope I am wrong.

Split that skill with the football team's opposite skill (winning easy, loosing tough), and we have one hell of a team!

Sue Short runs a forum for fans of Gophers Women Basketball if somebody's interested. Quite a bit of discussion on last night's game.

http://mnwomensbb.shortstreet.net/phpBB2/index.php

Lack of animosity, lack of trolls, and lack of dip*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# comments like TubbytownUSA's makes this a good forum for women's basketball fans.

BTW, discussion of the Gophers women's BB team is not off-topic.

does it really matter??

does it really matter if the women's bball team is good or bad this year? obviously i never want to see a minnesota team struggle but lets face it...outside of that two or three year window when the men's team was brutal and the ladies were great alot of us jumped on the bandwagon. now that whalen and co. are gone and the men's team is on the rise, their attendance is dwindling. for example, last year late in the big ten season they're hosting ohio state with a chance to be a factor in the conference race and the place is only half full at most. with or without borton, this program will be back in the sports pavillion in ten years.
by the way, i know i'm going to get ripped by all the politically correct people on the board but is there anything outside of my speculation of them playing in the pavillion thats completely untrue?

Does it REALLY matter if any team, anywhere, is any good this year?
I'm pretty sure life will go on no matter where the women play.
Just enjoy the games.

Top Bottom