OT - Did anybody noticed that Ben Johnson & Gophers Men's BB are 7-0?

Wow, the beat Miss St on the road today?! That's an impressive win any way you want to spin it. They've already exceeded my expectations. But knowing MN sports, now would be the perfect time to come crashing down in dramatic fashion lol!

Seroiusly though, hats off to Ben and the players. They play hard and as a team.

Yes, I was a big supporter of the hire of Ben Johnson. He has a passion for Gopher basketball and will do better things no matter how this season turns out. The Gopher hoopsters are playing hard and gelling.

Yes. This is a really solid shooting team. They move the ball well on offense and get good looks. The defensive effort has been great. Size in the front court is going to be an ongoing issue as the team moves in the Big Ten grind.....and we continue to get out rebounded in most games. But so far a really positive start to a season in which most of us already expected to have at least a couple losses by now. Guys look like they are having a good time.....and Coach Johnson is already showing that he has the ability to coach at a high level.

Yup - They've barely squeezed by against some not very good teams, but definitely took notice. Interested to see how they handle the next two.

Yup - They've barely squeezed by against some not very good teams, but definitely took notice. Interested to see how they handle the next two.
Slant it however you'd like. One of only a dozen unbeaten teams.

Yes ! This new team ball instead of hero ball is fun to watch.
Did I hear it correctly? All five starters were in double figures! That is unheard of for a Gophers team.

When was the last time a Gopher BB team did that? I know, this is preseason nonconference. It is still remarkable for an inexperienced coach to pull.

Reasonable. Although winning on the road at Miss St might be a reasonable win that would compare. Still early though.
Will be interesting. But being able to go on the road as a double digit underdog against an SEC team and come away with a win is a good sign that this team will be able to compete with the lower half of the Big Ten for sure.

This team is not very good so this is a huge accomplishment, hopefully helps recruiting too

Tempering any excitement until we win against B10 teams.
If you’re expecting .500 in B1G, you’ll likely be disappointed… what Ben has already accomplished with this group has anyone in the know on MN HS basketball impressed… and those people are the keys to Ben being an absolute home run hire…. He’s shown he’s got the X’s and O’s… has a nice class started for next year… and if he gets more 4 star talent in it seems he’ll get us to a level we haven’t seen!

If you’re expecting .500 in B1G, you’ll likely be disappointed… what Ben has already accomplished with this group has anyone in the know on MN HS basketball impressed… and those people are the keys to Ben being an absolute home run hire…. He’s shown he’s got the X’s and O’s… has a nice class started for next year… and if he gets more 4 star talent in it seems he’ll get us to a level we haven’t seen!
*Officially*

They're basically like those low-major teams that make a run in the tournament.

Play defense with effort that perhaps some of the teams aren't used to dealing with, and live-and-die by the 3. They've been living.

Statistics would say that teams like that simply can't live on forever. But from all accounts, this was a very surprising and great win.

Feels like, of course, now that people will start paying attention, we know what will happen Wed.

Nevertheless, I will tune in.

Top Bottom