OSU offered Gjere

btowngopher

Reaction score
i was told rivals is reporting this, if it is true it looks like the competition for this kid is blowing up as expected, maybe even more so if a program of OSU's stature has offered this early.

i was told rivals is reporting this, if it is true it looks like the competition for this kid is blowing up as expected, maybe even more so if a program of OSU's stature has offered this early.

We can't lose this kid to OSU, or anyone else for that matter. Come on Brew!!

So if OSU offered him that means he should be a 4or5 star recruit.

In a way this could be a good sign for us. Kinda a validation of the quality of the in-state guys we have coming up in 2010. I really hope we can land Gjere. From all accounts he sounds like a top notch prospect.

I know his answer was in response to a Wisco question, but he did refer to himself as a MN boy, for some reason I take comfort in that. Plus he said his mom talks about the stadium everyday. I think he stays.

GH: What kind of interest do you have in Wisconsin?
JG: I don’t know, I’m a Minnesota boy.

So if OSU offered him that means he should be a 4or5 star recruit.

He is not on the radar for 5. He is likely a 4 star but Hageman somehow was only a 3 star despite having Florida and OSU offers (although he was the highest rated 3 star and I'm sure he would have been a 4 star if he committed to one of them). :)

the team to worry about is michigan

i believe the mom went to michigan and loves the school

Well, it's only a year until we know for sure where he is going!

Jimmy & Seantrell,

Let's get 'em both. I still say get Tubby to help recruit Seantrell. I hear he loves to play B-ball also. Wasn't he a on a Howard Pulley team with Royce & Rodney?

yeah he did play BB with them and hageman. i heard that he was going to quit BB so that he could concentrate full time on FB

I heard Tubby was at a recent Washburn game watching Hageman. If you get a walkon or two (Football scholership) that can play, it makes the recruiting a little easier for the Basketball team. Tubby likes big physical forwards.

So there could be 2 football players on the B-Ball team?

might want to re-check this 'fact' :confused:

This is a good thing. At some point we have to send the message that just because OSU/Michigan/ND come calling you don't have to take the offer. We need kids with these choices staying here. It can't happen without those choices existing. Once that starts happening we take the next step towards an elite program. That may as well start now.

it all boils down to...

the success on the field and the fan reaction to being in TCF bank stadium. Sit on our hands and rip this program at every turn and we have no chance with the top MN recruits.

What fact?

the title of this thread seems to be stated as fact...

in reality, it may not be a fact...;)

the original author may have been wise to include a question mark, or some related punctuation :D

the original author may have been wise to include a question mark, or some related punctuation :D

I think the words "if it's true" should make it clear to most that the poster does not know this as a fact.

In his actual post, the original poster stated that "if this is true" and used Rivals as his source. And, it is fact that Rivals is reporting an OSU offer. Now, whether Rivals is right, who knows? But, in fact, Rivals is reporting an OSU offer for Gjere.

If you have info other than an OSU offer, why not just say so instead of playing around with linguistics?

In his actual post, the original poster stated that "if this is true" and used Rivals as his source. And, it is fact that Rivals is reporting an OSU offer. Now, whether Rivals is right, who knows? But, in fact, Rivals is reporting an OSU offer for Gjere.

If you have info other than an OSU offer, why not just say so instead of playing around with linguistics?

tj, you seem to have insider knowledge of the happenings of both fb and bb, and you have been asked to give us a little more and how you know things.

Why dont you just say so, instead of ignoring it?

tj, you seem to have insider knowledge of the happenings of both fb and bb, and you have been asked to give us a little more and how you know things.

Why dont you just say so, instead of ignoring it?

Well, I don't ever recall being called an insider or having anyone ask me that. If they did, I missed it. To answer the question - I'm not an insider at all. I just go to the games, read the papers, read this board, go to lots of Gopher luncheons and functions, and have a couple of business contacts who I know who are well connected to the U and I occasionally get a nugget or two from, but hardly inside stuff. I do have a general understanding of the college athletics world, however, as my line of work indirectly deals with it. So, almost all of my posts are of a more general nature and not that of a current inside nature. If anyone takes anything I say or opine about as inside info, they should not.

Well, I don't ever recall being called an insider or having anyone ask me that. If they did, I missed it. To answer the question - I'm not an insider at all. I just go to the games, read the papers, read this board, go to lots of Gopher luncheons and functions, and have a couple of business contacts who I know who are well connected to the U and I occasionally get a nugget or two from, but hardly inside stuff. I do have a general understanding of the college athletics world, however, as my line of work indirectly deals with it. So, almost all of my posts are of a more general nature and not that of a current inside nature. If anyone takes anything I say or opine about as inside info, they should not.

There have been a number of instances that you lay out "for sure" things. Example would be the bus accident a few weeks back. You were sure your story was right, and the other poster was wrong. How else would you know that so quickly?

There have been a number of instances that you lay out "for sure" things. Example would be the bus accident a few weeks back. You were sure your story was right, and the other poster was wrong. How else would you know that so quickly?

I am quite sure I said in that post that I heard Tubby talk about it on his radio interview before the game. Tubby specifically said the accident happened about one foot from where he was sitting and that some of the guys got a scare. Not rocket science. I - along with thousands of others - heard it on the radio. Big "inside" info there!

Wow... There must be no interesting news available when we have to resort to this.

Top Bottom