OSU and Oregon IG. What does it mean?

at B1G Media Days, Commissioner Tony Pettiti was asked about future expansion. He said (paraphrasing) that he is not hearing any push for further expansion from the current B1G teams - at least at the President/Chancellor level. Pettiti said they are focused on integrating USC and UCLA into the conference next year.

as far as Oregon, I'm seeing tweets that Oregon is one of 2 Pac-12 teams who are allegedly opposed to any Pac-12 expansion. We've all heard the rumors that Oregon and Washington are interested in the B1G, but as far as I know, neither team has taken any official action. any interest expressed is apparently behind the scenes (or possibly took place during previous Commissioner's term).

The BIG TV contracts were not written to include any new schools.
So until they expire or are close to expiring chatter about adding schools is just chatter to fill the time until the season starts.

So until they expire or are close to expiring chatter about adding schools is just chatter to fill the time until the season starts.
I have a bridge to sell you.

at B1G Media Days, Commissioner Tony Pettiti was asked about future expansion. He said (paraphrasing) that he is not hearing any push for further expansion from the current B1G teams - at least at the President/Chancellor level. Pettiti said they are focused on integrating USC and UCLA into the conference next year.

as far as Oregon, I'm seeing tweets that Oregon is one of 2 Pac-12 teams who are allegedly opposed to any Pac-12 expansion. We've all heard the rumors that Oregon and Washington are interested in the B1G, but as far as I know, neither team has taken any official action. any interest expressed is apparently behind the scenes (or possibly took place during previous Commissioner's term).
I would guess Oregon and Washington’s position is pretty simple.
They aren’t going to sign anything that would prevent them from leaving anytime they want to join the big ten

They were literally written with a direct amount of notre dame is added and a negotiations window for any other additions

So I’m not sure what you’re saying is correct

Can always put them all on the BTN.

the B1G media contract has a revenue escalator for expansion.

Last edited:

Rumors of Colorado joining the B12..... If that is true... Wash and Oregon will deffinetly be in the B1G sooner rather than later

This has to be the nail in the coffin for the Pac 12 conference, right?
Perhaps, but maybe not for the Pac-10.

It's an odd situation right now for that league because there's still quite a few very high quality schools there. Too many to be absorbed entirely by the Big Ten. Not enough other viable options out West to expand without drifting the league away from P5 level.

They have resisted BYU due to cultural differences. Gonzaga doesn't have football but in the portal era one could be started quick. Maybe Boise State or Nevada?

The best option seems like it might be for the remainder of the Pac 12 to disperse between the Big 12 and Big Ten? Maybe we'll live to see Cal in the Atlantic Coast Conference.

I get that it is a branding thing but at some point the Big 10, Pac 12 and Big 12 need to figure out a way to ditch the number after the conference name.

Then again, the Big 10 hasn't been 10 teams for nearly 25 years so I guess at this point if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I get that it is a branding thing but at some point the Big 10, Pac 12 and Big 12 need to figure out a way to ditch the number after the conference name.

Then again, the Big 10 hasn't been 10 teams for nearly 25 years so I guess at this point if it ain't broke don't fix it.
B1G works for me. $EC was always there. Maybe the Pac 12 can change the name of the conference to "Super PAC" and get a bunch of people to donate thinking its a political action committee? That should keep the conference afloat forever.

There was talk/rummors about Oregon and Washington coming with UCLA/USC.... This was a given it was going to happen... And I always thought sooner rather than later

There was talk/rummors about Oregon and Washington coming with UCLA/USC.... This was a given it was going to happen... And I always thought sooner rather than later
Just crazy that the Big 12 poaching Colorado was the latest catalyst.

Top Bottom