Orseske

Reaction score
I have been a bad fan of the program over the past couple years, I'll admit it. I did go to today's game today with my son because I had a rare Saturday off.

I saw Dan Orseske suited up on the sidelines today and some other guy punting. What happened to him? I remember he booming the ball at the first TCF open house right after they opened it. Then I remember he had mono..? Today, I see him on the sidelines. Can somebody fill me in?

Thanks

I have been a bad fan of the program over the past couple years, I'll admit it. I did go to today's game today with my son because I had a rare Saturday off.

I saw Dan Orseske suited up on the sidelines today and some other guy punting. What happened to him? I remember he booming the ball at the first TCF open house right after they opened it. Then I remember he had mono..? Today, I see him on the sidelines. Can somebody fill me in?

Thanks

He punted all of last year. Very inconsistent. The punter today is Christian Eldred, a sophomore from Australia.

I think Eldred was punting today. He's a kid that Kill recruited from Florida. Rivals has Schwerman and Mortell (both walk-ons?) in front of Orseske on the depth chart, as well.

All the punters have number 38 now

At the end of half time I notice there were three punters warming up and they all had number 38. One of them looked like Orseke and he was really booming them. Did anybody else notice this?

Orseske had plenty of time to prove he deserved to start. I believe the problem with him is all mental. I wanted him to succeed, but I'm glad Kill didn't just say "o well" and stuck with him. He had to make a switch. Any time you have a 2 yard part and multiple single digit yard punts, someone needs to lose their job.

That said, I was very pleased with Eldred. No, he wasn't booming them, but he had hang time, didn't allow time for returns, and didn't shank any. That's all I'm asking for.

Orseske had plenty of time to prove he deserved to start. I believe the problem with him is all mental. I wanted him to succeed, but I'm glad Kill didn't just say "o well" and stuck with him. He had to make a switch. Any time you have a 2 yard part and multiple single digit yard punts, someone needs to lose their job.

That said, I was very pleased with Eldred. No, he wasn't booming them, but he had hang time, didn't allow time for returns, and didn't shank any. That's all I'm asking for.

I was also an Orseske apologist, thought he had potential to be REALLY good. The problem is definitely upstairs.

Eldred was great today, IMO. 42-yd average, NO return yards on any of his kicks. I'll take a net of 42.0 yards all day.

I was also an Orseske apologist, thought he had potential to be REALLY good. The problem is definitely upstairs.

Eldred was great today, IMO. 42-yd average, NO return yards on any of his kicks. I'll take a net of 42.0 yards all day.

And his best punt of the game was against the wind that was blowing pretty hard when he booted it.

Also, NH came after one and Eldred got off a great punt under some pressure. I think Killjoy is right though, Orseske was hitting some 50 and 60 yarders while he was warming up. Nice to have problems like this.

Also, NH came after one and Eldred got off a great punt under some pressure. I think Killjoy is right though, Orseske was hitting some 50 and 60 yarders while he was warming up. Nice to have problems like this.

Orseske has always shown he can boom some, but he can also shank a bunch of them as well. I'd rather take a consistent 40-45 yards with very little or no return.

Orseske has always shown he can boom some, but he can also shank a bunch of them as well. I'd rather take a consistent 40-45 yards with very little or no return.
I was agreeing too, I meant it was nice to have depth after Eldred that could potentially put some into orbit (and it doesn't rule out our other punters). I much prefer consistency and little or no return. Punting this year may not end up as an unknown or liability.

He punted all of last year. Very inconsistent. The punter today is Christian Eldred, a sophomore from Australia.

For some reason, I just assumed he was a FR.

He must've competed in a collegiate sport in Oz before coming to the U?

Eldred looked great today, it was one of the brightest sports on our entire day.

I think Eldred was punting today. He's a kid that Kill recruited from Florida. Rivals has Schwerman and Mortell (both walk-ons?) in front of Orseske on the depth chart, as well.

Eldred is from Australia

Top Bottom