Oregon

Juicer

Reaction score
Watching Oregon thrash LSU. Rather sad it didn't work out with Devoe here. He is a very good offensive player, and is fun to watch.

Did we offer Carlos Emery? I thought at one time we were interested. He looks pretty good. Might be the Oregon system, but he is a big body, athletic, and can shoot it a little. Turning into a nice player.

Already posted below.

But, to actually comment on the thread lol

Yeah, Devoe is looking a lot better than I expected he would against LSU. I have never once believed or said he was not a good player (I do believe he'd put up lesser stats at MN than he is at Oregon). He is fun to watch and he did QUIT on the Gophers. He is a good player who also has/had some attitude / behavioral issues. I will never support or cheer for him for the simple reason he quit mid season. If he would have waited until the end of the season to transfer, he'd get my support like Cobbs and Colton and PC did/will. Royce and Devoe? Quitters.

Emory had Gopher interest, I believe, but I know there were either grade issues or behavior concerns that kept him out of Minnesota. He is a shorter post too (only 6' 6") which would be tougher to play in the Big 10.

Of course he would score less here. Mav would play half the game. Many on here said Nolen was better than Jospeh when he left. So much for that argument.

Of course he would score less here. Mav would play half the game. Many on here said Nolen was better than Jospeh when he left. So much for that argument.

And you wonder why very few take your posts seriously.

yep

Nolen was a better point guard than Joseph. Joseph is a shooting guard, who can play the point if needed. It depends on the makeup of a team who one would want. The gophers not having a go to scorer over the past few years makes Joseph more valuable. A healthy team without all the transfers might prosper would a pass first pg who is a great defensive player.

Nolen was a better point guard than Joseph. Joseph is a shooting guard, who can play the point if needed. It depends on the makeup of a team who one would want. The gophers not having a go to scorer over the past few years makes Joseph more valuable. A healthy team without all the transfers might prosper would a pass first pg who is a great defensive player.
I think Tubby playing Devoe with the second team makes perfect sense. Play Al at the point and Hoff at the 2 with the better offensive players because those two playing with Trevor and Ralph makes sense. Pass-first PG and a shooter playing in a high-low. Bring in second unit, less offensive players allowing a guy like Devoe to thrive because he is the offense.

Carlos did not have much interest, had issues with he coach and didn't play his senior year. Great athlete and allegedly a good kid, too bad it didn't work out for the school and him.

Did you forget that MN was a ranked team, fresh off winning the Puerto Rico Shootout against GOOD competition, with Nolen as the point and Devoe nowhere to be seen? Nolen was the key to the team. Devoe would not have been our 1st option at point had nolen stayed healthy, Devoe f'd up and could have been our starter at point down the stretch and this year. He couldn't stop making bad decisions..whether passing or off the court. I hope he does well post Oregon..

Already posted below.

But, to actually comment on the thread lol

Yeah, Devoe is looking a lot better than I expected he would against LSU. I have never once believed or said he was not a good player (I do believe he'd put up lesser stats at MN than he is at Oregon). He is fun to watch and he did QUIT on the Gophers. He is a good player who also has/had some attitude / behavioral issues. I will never support or cheer for him for the simple reason he quit mid season. If he would have waited until the end of the season to transfer, he'd get my support like Cobbs and Colton and PC did/will. Royce and Devoe? Quitters.

Emory had Gopher interest, I believe, but I know there were either grade issues or behavior concerns that kept him out of Minnesota. He is a shorter post too (only 6' 6") which would be tougher to play in the Big 10.

I'm not sure Emery is necessarily a post player. He has a nice stroke and has made 19 threes this year; not a lot but he's over 30% from long range. After watching him last night I was wishing he was in maroon and gold.

Top Bottom