Oregon RB

Gopherholefan

Reaction score
The Oregon RB who punched the Boise lineman after the game last night is a senior who is most likely going to get suspended for quite a while. Here is my question: If he has not taken a red-shirt year yet, would it be in his best interest to do that now if he is even able to? You would assume that he will be suspended for multiple games this year. At this point, with this hanging over his head, could he take his red-shirt now if he still has it left?

Edit: According to yahoo sports, it looks like mr. blount was JC transfer to oregon last year and has not taken a RS year yet.

The Oregon RB who punched the Boise lineman after the game last night is a senior who is most likely going to get suspended for quite a while. Here is my question: If he has not taken a red-shirt year yet, would it be in his best interest to do that now if he is even able to? You would assume that he will be suspended for multiple games this year. At this point, with this hanging over his head, could he take his red-shirt now if he still has it left?

Edit: According to yahoo sports, it looks like mr. blount was JC transfer to oregon last year and has not taken a RS year yet.

He can't redshirt. In the NCAA's eyes, any participation in competition removes the ability to redshirt. The exception to the rule is a medical redshirt.

I agree. I doubt he could redshirt.

it won't be a red shirt...it will be striped or solid orange.

He should be dropped from the team, expelled from the school. And, don't forget to turn in your playbook.

I'm usually a pretty forgiving guy who believes in 2nd and, sometimes, 3rd chances...but this was pretty inexcusable. It was pretty classless of the Boise kid to taunt him like that, but to punch a guy while wearing a helmet and then backing away pretty much tells us all we need to know about this guy. By the way, did any of you recognize the name of the other Oregon RB...LaMichael James. Didn't we almost get him for ourselves? I'm sure he will get plenty of action now

Top Bottom