Oregon has Minnesota needs

Out State Gopher

Reaction score
Oregon has Phil Knight a Super donor & supporter of their Football program. The proof is in the wins. Who does Gopher football need or want? Glenn Taylor (will be having a lot of time & money after the sale) Elon Musk (understands technology, maybe he could help with wifi @ the stadium - rockets, EVs, solar energy & satellites) plus knows how to tweet. Since he was born & raised in Africa maybe soccer or cricket is his favorite sport. Jerry Kill worked very hard on getting Mega donors. He understood how to move a program forward. Remember the Sanford fiasco with the UM medical? It seems big donors sponsors equals championships either conference or national. University of North Dakota had Ralph Engalstad & his 1 billion & counting donation. Look at any top 10 college team and behind the wins are super donors & supporters.

Jerry Kill worked hard to get megadonors? wasn't the T. Denny fiasco during the Brewster era?

Jerry Kill worked hard to get megadonors? wasn't the T. Denny fiasco during the Brewster era?
OP's knowledge base seems to be somewhere near 0. What does that line even mean?

Someone heard some story that Jerry was trying to get donors .... as opposed to what? Nobody else doing that?

Imagine if Elon Musk was the sugar daddy of Gopher football

We would sign the #1 recruiting class in CFB history, but they would all leave after destroying Rhode Island and Kent State because Musk reneged on paying them.

Other guys would be cut for saying anything even semi-progressive, and by the end of the season the entire roster would just be offensive linemen from the Dakotas.

Goldy Gopher would be replaced by the Dogecoin dog

But at least wisconsin and iowa would be silenced for saying anything he disagrees with

We would sign the #1 recruiting class in CFB history, but they would all leave after destroying Rhode Island and Kent State because Musk reneged on paying them.

Other guys would be cut for saying anything even semi-progressive, and by the end of the season the entire roster would just be offensive linemen from the Dakotas.

But at least wisconsin and iowa would be silenced for saying anything he disagrees with
Elon would announce a bazillion dollar donation, then find out about some random student who wrote a paper he didn't like and he'd throw a fit and bolt.

Talk about stupid people being allowed to post….

1. Phil Knight graduated from the University of Oregon for his undergrad, and was on the Track and Field team which is why he donates to the University of Oregon. Any "mega" donor the U would successfully get and keep would need a similar connection.

2. We do NOT need Elon Musk. He's running twitter (errrr, X) into the ground. He's refused to pay rent on leases for the Twitter office space, he hasn't paid severance to laid off employees, and also seems to be pretty retaliatory toward anyone who hurts his ego (so if a player or coach said something that hurt his ego, say goodbye to any donations). Plus he'd probably want to rename the team in exchange for his donation.

We need Dick Enrico to step up.
I saw him pull up to the valet at the Target center about a decade ago. Drove an Escalade with a license plate that said something like “2 wind.” It just all seemed so perfectly on-brand.

Funny that OP picked Oregon to highlight how championships follow money, since Oregon is a team that has never won a natty.

I saw him pull up to the valet at the Target center about a decade ago. Drove an Escalade with a license plate that said something like “2 wind.” It just all seemed so perfectly on-brand.
I grew up in a town where we had a guy who did commercials like Enrico. LOTS of local commercials.

Around town dude would be dressed just like the commercials (had a particular suit style) and lots of energy.

People LOVED seeing him around. He spoke at my wedding ... got in some of his commercial references. I still have his business's phone number memorized for no good reason.

Those personable guys / personal commercials, not enough of them anymore.

I grew up in a town where we had a guy who did commercials like Enrico.
When I was a kid, he lived about 4 blocks from me in a very humble house.

I ran around a lot with a couple of his sons: He has four, Tony was one, and Rick was on "The Bachelorette" in the 2nd season or around there.

Top Bottom