Oregon football has 'unlimited' NIL backing from Nike

In their very first season playing in their new conference, the Ducks will get the opportunity to "wipe the floor" with both Ohio State and Michigan. Welcome to the B1G, Ducks!

Yea, Oregon is getting a lot of very optimistic press about how they will do in the B1G this year and it's not just Ohio State and Michigan, they've got Wisconsin on the road as well as rivalry games with Oregon St on the road and Washington at home. I don't care what anyone says rivalry games are always difficult. The Beavs will be out for blood after being left behind, regardless of the outcome of that game I'll be surprised if the injury list isn't on the high side.

Well, yeah... good point. When the Cornhuskers first switched conferences, some people thought Nebraska would dominate the B1G. It didn't work out that way. Now, all these years later, the sports pundits and talking heads seem equally convinced that fancy-pants Oregon will make quick work of all the frumpy, dumpy midwestern teams out here in flyover land.

We'll have to wait and see how that turns out.
The big difference is that Oregon is a place people want to live. Lincoln, NE - not so much.

You're assuming saying "Oregon" and "Eugene" are the same thing, it's like saying "Nebraska" and "Lincoln" are the same thing. Eugene's population continues to grow at a relatively modist rate, probably around 1% per year. I believe the Portland area has been losing population since the riots with the Proud Boys, Antitifa and the Federal Marshalls back when Trump was president.

Did anyone ask him how he received that number? These entities and numbers are very closely held, but I can think of some reasons hearsay numbers get thrown around.
I honestly don't know, I was just googling for a number. Probably sloppy research on my part.

You're assuming saying "Oregon" and "Eugene" are the same thing, it's like saying "Nebraska" and "Lincoln" are the same thing. Eugene's population continues to grow at a relatively modist rate, probably around 1% per year. I believe the Portland area has been losing population since the riots with the Proud Boys, Antitifa and the Federal Marshalls back when Trump was president.
Nebraska's population isn't exactly booming either.

Let the product pushes begin, along with the marriage of college programs and corporate sponsors/owners.

I think that by 2026 a FBS team will sell naming rights. Like the Hokkaido Nippon-Ham Fighters, we could see the Minnesota Huntington Bank Gophers vs. USC Trojan Condoms. It will probably start small at the G5 level.

I also expect to see schools start selling ads on jerseys, like the NBA and MLB have dipped their toes in. Nike actually gets diluted here because their logo is already on many uniforms.

View attachment 32247
I posted this as a joke a month or two ago but eventually players will sell naming rights to their own name.

"That's another catch for Daniel Cheerios Jackson, his 5th of the day."

From the same article:
The new census numbers somewhat contradict recent estimates from Portland State University’s Population Research Center, which figures Oregon gained 23,397 residents over the same period, representing a 0.55% growth.

Last year, Portland State University’s findings also told a different story, as the center estimated that Oregon grew by 15,000 residents, or 0.35%, in the year leading up to July 1, 2022. In contrast, the Census Bureau estimated that the state shrank about 16,000 residents, representing a 0.4% decline.

It seems that actually reading the article helps in terms of differing perspectives. You posting the headline was the equivalent of clickbait.

Agreed. Recruiting to Nike and Eugene is way different than recruiting to Lincoln Nebraska.

From the same article:

It seems that actually reading the article helps in terms of differing perspectives. You posting the headline was the equivalent of clickbait.
Facts always suck. Oregon is doing a great job of turning into a self-inflicted shitthole. I see more California, Oregon, and Washington plates here in AZ that any other states.

Facts always suck. Oregon is doing a great job of turning into a self-inflicted shitthole. I see more California, Oregon, and Washington plates here in AZ that any other states.
I certainly don't understand what you are talking about, especially the license plate reference...

All other teams should refuse to wear Nike then. Why give them more funds to compete against you?

There is a big homelessness issue in Portland OR.

The Gophers are in desperate need of a sugar mama or sugar daddy.

Portland gets a lot of press in this area, I just looked at some stats on this from 2023 on usafacts.org and Portland has around 6,000 homeless about the same as Chicago and Seattle has around 14,000. Granted Portland is a much smaller metro area and the problems in Portland were magnified several years ago buy
There are lots of big homeless issues, not just Portland. Portland has around 6,000, Chicago 6,000 and Seattle 14,000 just for starters, granted Portland is a smaller metro area. This problem belongs to the whole country.

Portland gets a lot of press in this area, I just looked at some stats on this from 2023 on usafacts.org and Portland has around 6,000 homeless about the same as Chicago and Seattle has around 14,000. Granted Portland is a much smaller metro area and the problems in Portland were magnified several years ago buy

There are lots of big homeless issues, not just Portland. Portland has around 6,000, Chicago 6,000 and Seattle 14,000 just for starters, granted Portland is a smaller metro area. This problem belongs to the whole country.
The fact that Portland and Seattle don't get very hot in the summer or cold in the winter is a big reason for their homeless issues. They seem to attract indigent people from areas that have extreme weather one way or another.

The Google says .09%

In their very first season playing in their new conference, the Ducks will get the opportunity to "wipe the floor" with both Ohio State and Michigan. Welcome to the B1G, Ducks!

This is crazy... Oregon is favored in all their games in early lines.

This is crazy... Oregon is favored in all their games in early lines.
Honestly, I don't think it's all that surprising. However, it's preseason BS for the most part. I mean, the Ducks play Wisconsin in Madison, Illinois, Maryland and Washington at home. Those are all tough games, plus they play the beavs in cornvalley and that's always tough. Point being, being favored in all your games this early is rediculous. You have to take care of business on the field, predictions are BS.

I think it is completely fair, it's his money, and they actually have products to push. Could be a big win win.
What is new? Hasn't Oregon been doing this for the past decade? They were close several times. Lost in 2010 to Auburn who outbid everyone for Cam Newton?

Nike isn't exact the greatest charity case. Nike on every game and from fans purchasing the "official" team gear
For sure they do it for advertising but for the team it's free.

Didn't know where to put this, but interesting for Miami fans as well as the possible impact on the NIL landscape

Top Bottom