Optimistic Thread

mcal24

Reaction score
For those who don't want to complain about a lost season, fire the coach, Leidner sucks, etc...

-We won 8 games for the second straight year

-Above .500 in conference play

-New Year's Day bowl game against SEC division champ

-David Cobb with record breaking year

-Won trophies against Michigan and Iowa, beat Nebraska on the road

-Played for a Big Ten division Championship

I'm sure we can think of plenty more good things that happened this season. If that isn't a successful season for a program that has been awful, I don't know what is. I know I am still very excited in the direction this team is headed.

On the bright side, it's just a bowl game. I don't know how much weight these things carry. Regular season success is far more important and we had that this year. It was a very fun regular season. I hope we can top it next year.

It would be nice to win one of these things though.

On the bright side, it's just a bowl game. I don't know how much weight these things carry. Regular season success is far more important and we had that this year. It was a very fun regular season. I hope we can top it next year.

I think it is important because of the momentum it carries into the off season. A lot of good things about this year, just a bad ending once again.

Not related to the game butRodney Smith rumors are false. My entire day yesterday was ruined when I heard that.

I think it is important because of the momentum it carries into the off season. A lot of good things about this year, just a bad ending once again.

Also, I heard a lot about how important this game is to recruiting, since we are playing in FLA. I don't know how much it helps when you get beat, handily, on tv.

We are in a position where we are very disappointed that we did not defeat the two time SEC East Champion.

I've seen progress every year under Kill, I fully expect that it will continue too. The future is bright.

We are in a position where we are very disappointed that we did not defeat the two time SEC East Champion.
Exactly. Pretty impressive where Kill started and where we are now.

out effing coached. I called the onsides kick off. Not ready.

We were in position to beat Wisconsin too and imploded there. Jerry does almost everything right. He in game coaching and philosophies are legitimate areas of concern.

We were in position to beat Wisconsin too and imploded there. Jerry does almost everything right. He in game coaching and philosophies are legitimate areas of concern.
Ball bounces the other way and we might be looking at a 10 win, Top 15 team. Same can be said the other way, but we're playing BIG games now.

You speak idiot very well. Congrats. It wasn't bad calls or bad play calling or bad coaching that cost us this game or the Wisconsin game. We got beat by better athletes that executed their game better than we did. The other teams have players too.

Mitch did NOT have a bad game. The turnovers and gamble plays that worked cost the Gophers the game. Faking a punt from inside your own 20? Unreal.

First time that they had a decent to good passing game and lost. Good news/bad news I guess.

We are moving forward. That can't come without setbacks and failures you learn from. Two steps forward, one back, three forward, two back. It isn't an easy process, but we are moving forward. Brick by Brick. Looking forward to 2015.

Today sucked but I'll get over it quickly. It's hard not to be optimistic with where this program is heading. The hardest part is having to wait until September to watch the next game.

It wasn't long ago, Kill needed a fake FG and an onsides kick, to win on the road against a Big 10 team when he was at NIU. Now the SEC West Champ has to resort to trick plays to win. They made 'em. Give 'em credit. But, I'm pretty excited that we will be MORE talented across the board next year.

For those who don't want to complain about a lost season, fire the coach, Leidner sucks, etc...

-We won 8 games for the second straight year

-Above .500 in conference play

-New Year's Day bowl game against SEC division champ

-David Cobb with record breaking year

-Won trophies against Michigan and Iowa, beat Nebraska on the road

-Played for a Big Ten division Championship

I'm sure we can think of plenty more good things that happened this season. If that isn't a successful season for a program that has been awful, I don't know what is. I know I am still very excited in the direction this team is headed.

Besides the 8 wins - the basketball team would take those other stats.

Oregon goes for two in a national semi final game.

It's about the message you send to your troops! Take the hill!

The crowd looked great today. Any estimates as to how many Gopher fans were there? 15,000?

Damn! If we only had you coaching the game we would have won.

Can't agree on your weighting of importance. The way you finish matters the most especially when your team hasn't won a bowl game in some time.

The crowd looked great today. Any estimates as to how many Gopher fans were there? 15,000?

Hard to judge because we were on the gopher side and I couldn't see the upper decks, but in general Pregame strolling I think we outnumbered them at least 2 to 1, so 15k would be my guess, with 8k Mizzou.

Mitch did NOT have a bad game. The turnovers and gamble plays that worked cost the Gophers the game. Faking a punt from inside your own 20? Unreal.

First time that had a decent to good passing game and lost. Good news/bad news I guess.

Agree on that. This wasn't the only decent-to-good passing game Mitch had this year but it was easily his best passing game against a good team. Mitch had an up and down year, but for a soph in his first starting year who was not expected to be a starter when he came here, I think he was better than many around here will admit. This game actually made me look forward to watching Leidner and seeing him improve over the next two years.

Top Bottom