Optimism, 2019

Indiana Gopher

Indiana Gopher
Reaction score
Not so long ago (November 1st) I was feeling pretty down about 'our' Gophers. Some of our losses this year (i.e. Illinois) had caused me to question our trajectory and our plan. Then "Purdue" happened. Then "Wisconsin" happened. Then the Quick Lane Bowl happened (and my family was there to witness it first-hand). And now I am so hopeful for our future. This team, the last 4 games, is a 'revelation'! Defense is strong (thanks, Joe Rossi). Offense is better than it has been in some time. And it seemingly only gets better going forward. Just think for a moment. Next year at QB we have Morgan, Annexstad, Clark, and Kramer. At RB we have Smith, Brooks, Ibrahim, and Williams. Our OL will be anchored by Fa'alele, Dunlap, and Andriese. Our WRs will include Bateman, Autman-Bell, Douglas, and (hopefully) Johnson....and over half of the guys I mentioned are freshmen or sophomores. Our defense will need some reinforcements, true, but our 'team' may be as strong and full of potential as it has been in a long time! The future is bright, Gopher Nation! In P.J., I trust! Row The Boat!

Top Bottom