Opinion about the New Uniforms

Now that you've seen the uniforms, what is your opinion?

• One word: AWESOME!

Votes: 43 34.1%
  • Nice Threads.

Votes: 54 42.9%
  • O.K.

Votes: 17 13.5%
  • I like the old ones better.

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • I'm old school; what's all the hype about.

• Ugly! This will set the program back 10-years.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like them! Gold tops with the maroon pants are sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't get the "so little change" thing. The numbers are completely different, there's no piping, there's no "Minnesota" on the front. Maybe so little change from pre-2008, but the 08-11 uniforms are completely different IMO
Completely agree, they are very different if you look closely. I did not like the Brewster era ones and am happy that we're back to a simpler look. They very much have a traditional college football feel.

Attachments

• 104252917_crop_650x440.jpg
    104252917_crop_650x440.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 30

I'm alright with the conservative changes. My only complaint is the gold pants and jerseys appear to be bright yellow, not gold. The gold numbers on the maroon jerseys are actually gold. Of all the combos, my favorite is maroon pants, gold tops. Least favorite is white pants, gold tops.

They do have gold pants with a white uni. They showed that combo today. :) That's why I was so confused by your comment.

fb-uniforms-7-1900.jpg
Okay, I missed that at first glance - for the road I like the gold - with a gold helmet if that is possible (maybe it isn't). I'm wondering if changing uniforms a lot, even at home, might confuse passers, receivers, etc.

Okay, I missed that at first glance - for the road I like the gold - with a gold helmet if that is possible (maybe it isn't). I'm wondering if changing uniforms a lot, even at home, might confuse passers, receivers, etc.
I would hope not. It's not that hard to just not throw to the other team's colors.

The traditional combos look pretty good. I could not have reasonably hoped for much better.

The newer combos are predictably less good.

Here are the rules, effective immediately:

The white tops should only be used with gold pants.

The gold tops should only be worn with maroon pants.

The maroon tops should only be used with gold pants.

Ya, I can see MG coming to Coach Kill after an interception, "Jebesus Coach, I'm sorry, I was so confused as to whom my teammates are and threw the ball to the wrong colored uniform." Good Grief.

Thanks for your opinions and votes. It appears that a full 77% are impressed with the new uniforms. If we add in the "O.K." group it increases to 90%. Statistically speaking, this is a ringing endorsement!

Next Poll: The 2nd Annual "what recruit are you most excited about" Poll coming after National Signing Day. Since we have such a large incoming class; we'll have 3 categories: Minnesota, Outside Minnesota, and JUCOs. The winners of the 3 divisions will be entered into the "Death Match".

Recruits - This is a time to get your friends and family involved.
Fans - Let's show our love to the incoming class.

See you in February.

The traditional combos look pretty good. I could not have reasonably hoped for much better.

Perfectly stated. Yes, yes, yes.

I opened the uni thread fully expecting a Darth Vader full of black or some type of off-to-the-future type look. What a surprise! My first reaction was, all the hype over this!

I am very pleased that the choice was to go with a plain Jane conservative look. Other than the helmet syling, move over Penn State!

However, I hate the black socks/shoes and wish they would have used the 60's look with M/G stripes on the pants But I am glad they used large numbers which will help out the old eyes.

I opened the uni thread fully expecting a Darth Vader full of black or some type of off-to-the-future type look. What a surprise! My first reaction was, all the hype over this!

I am very pleased that the choice was to go with a plain Jane conservative look. Other than the helmet syling, move over Penn State!

However, I hate the black socks/shoes and wish they would have used the 60's look with M/G stripes on the pants But I am glad they used large numbers which will help out the old eyes.

I prefer the plain(no stripes) pants. How about maroon shoes and socks.

I also really like the move back to a traditional look. The new unis have a tough, no-nonsense look to them...just like Coach Kill. I'm also happy that the players like this look. UofM football has a long and storied tradition, despite our extended wayward journey in recent years. Kill is an old-fashioned football coach and I think drawing on our past glory to help in rebuilding the program is a great idea. I see this as another brick in the foundation of what Kill is trying to build here.

Go Gophers!

I'm surprised at how well they turned out. I was worred about the Nike "Oregon" effect, the potential black jersey, and an overly modern Pro-Combat edge to the jersey. We have a much more detailed update on the unis on our blog.

Gopherdroppings

www.gopherjerseys.com

I really like the new helmets, but don't have strong feelings either way on the jerseys. They're not bad but don't really excite me either. Let me put it this way - I don't feel the urge to run out and buy the new jersey (but who knows....maybe I will eventually).

Bingo. Unfortunately I can guarantee all maroon will be a common look.

I really like the new helmets, but don't have strong feelings either way on the jerseys. They're not bad but don't really excite me either. Let me put it this way - I don't feel the urge to run out and buy the new jersey (but who knows....maybe I will eventually).

I have the exact opposite opinion. I'm indifferent about the helmets, but I absolutely would love to get my hands on one of those white jerseys. Or maybe a maroon one. I like em both.

We have certain (potential) combos that eliminate gold entirely.

Apparently we will be the "Maroon Gophers" on those days.

Not surpisingly, all those combos are not great. The worst of them: any matching of maroon-white.

Only thing missing is the gold helmet to go with gold/gold uniforms for special games. Like back in the days of Bruce Smith.

Otherwise pretty close to perfect!

GM

Keep it simple. Gold pants. Maroon Jersey at home. Gold pants white jersey on the road. Can the all white, all gold, all maroon.

Keep it simple. Gold pants. Maroon Jersey at home. Gold pants white jersey on the road. Can the all white, all gold, all maroon.

Agreed. Could have saved money by not purchasing white pants. Surprised JM didn't of that.

Agreed. Could have saved money by not purchasing white pants. Surprised JM didn't of that.
Because the goal isn't to keep it simple with the combos (just with the styling). The teaser video for the uni's already revealed that the players like the all whites. We'll continue to see plenty of them on the road I bet.

Not surpisingly, all those combos are not great. The worst of them: any matching of maroon-white.
Count me among those who like the all maroon and all whites. Maroon pants/white tops isn't my fave but I don't like gold pants/white tops much more (prefer all whites) and I also agree that white pants/maroon or gold tops doesn't work as well. Whatever makes the players happy though.

I don't think gold will be eliminated, but maroon has been our dominant color for a long time.

It's interesting that the results of this poll are almost polar opposite to the reaction to the new uniforms on the Strib site.

at first glance, i thought the new uni's were just ok...but now I'm sold. extremely classy and tasteful and I think they will look even better with a certain axe in our hands this year

Top Bottom