Opinion about the New Uniforms

Now that you've seen the uniforms, what is your opinion?

• One word: AWESOME!

Votes: 43 34.1%
  • Nice Threads.

Votes: 54 42.9%
  • O.K.

Votes: 17 13.5%
  • I like the old ones better.

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • I'm old school; what's all the hype about.

• Ugly! This will set the program back 10-years.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rescooter

Section 243
Reaction score
Let's be honest; some of us have already seen the new uniforms and we all have an opinion. Now's the chance to vote on what you've seen.

If you haven't seen them yet, 4:00 is only a few hours away.

We'd all like to know what your thoughts are.

Will it be Stand or Sit, Mason vs (fill in coach), Stars vs. coaching them up....... There will be two camps. It will be interesting to see which one will be the biggest.

I am still waiting for Meatsauce's opinion so I know how to vote.

Keep repeating that... another time or two and we'll believe you.

Though it is all a bit silly, a team's uniforms and logo are an integral part of a program's image. I would think that about one of every three casual conversations about Oregon football have some reference to their unis.

Obviously, R doesn't agree and is above all this. This is at least the second time he's brought it up.

I think its fun. Besides, I won a pass to today's unveiling, so I win.

Hopefully, it is not another ugly duckling custome...

Why wait until 4:00?!? I'll get a head start on rearranging the deck chairs.

As long as we don't roll out the yellow pajama's again, I'll be OK.

Nice threads. Simple, a few modern touches. Not overly opulent. Honestly, I probably wasn't going to hate them no matter what (unless they went w/ the M&Ms again...)

Almost 60% approval rate on the Uniforms! This board hasn't been able to get 60% consensus on anything.

Studwell has not whined yet, so I think I'll pencil his tacit approval as an AWESOME!

CDH likes the "non-banana" look.

Gopher07 (Captain of Awesome) was impressed, but not to the point of AWESOME!

Hungan likes the fact that they're not the lame duck look.

Highwayman is getting some facetime with the coaches. Hopefully he'll report back.

Rosemountain continues to have no opinion.

With relief, approval

I was afraid we'd have Halloween costumes, a la Oregon, Maryland, etc. These are basically traditional, but with some streamlining of the helmet. Gives us the option of going traditional or jazzing it up for special games. I'm happy - though disappointed that the one uniform that needed some help, the road uniform, is not much changed.

They don't really look different enough for me to care. I was hoping for something a little more radical. A minor makeover.....big deal.

I was afraid we'd have Halloween costumes, a la Oregon, Maryland, etc. These are basically traditional, but with some streamlining of the helmet. Gives us the option of going traditional or jazzing it up for special games. I'm happy - though disappointed that the one uniform that needed some help, the road uniform, is not much changed.
How would you have changed the road uniform? They have to wear white jerseys so I'm not sure what else they could do.

Awesome! Thank god Maturi didn't get Halloween costumes like Oregon.

Mike Rallis looks like he needs a haircut. He looks a fruit cake.

With so little change, why all the hype? They love to build things up for us, then let us down. Oh well. At least we don't look like clowns.

I don't get the "so little change" thing. The numbers are completely different, there's no piping, there's no "Minnesota" on the front. Maybe so little change from pre-2008, but the 08-11 uniforms are completely different IMO

With so little change, why all the hype? They love to build things up for us, then let us down. Oh well. At least we don't look like clowns.
Recruits. Just like if the uni's had been all Oregon crazy and no one here liked them. It would have been about recruiting.

I don't get the "so little change" thing. The numbers are completely different, there's no piping, there's no "Minnesota" on the front. Maybe so little change from pre-2008, but the 08-11 uniforms are completely different IMO

I think people just got all adjusted to the possibility that we'd be Oregonized that anything less seemed too normal or something.

The white jersey was not always a requirement - you just had to provide a "contrast", but the NCAA passed a rule not that long ago on the white requirement. You could have gold pants, maybe a gold helmet to go with the white and establish some kind of "Golden Gopher" identity. The maroon is blah with the white, but maybe having a second helmet for the road would be too costly.

The white jersey was not always a requirement - you just had to provide a "contrast", but the NCAA passed a rule not that long ago on the white requirement. You could have gold pants, maybe a gold helmet to go with the white and establish some kind of "Golden Gopher" identity. The maroon is blah with the white, but maybe having a second helmet for the road would be too costly.

They do have gold pants with a white uni. They showed that combo today. :) That's why I was so confused by your comment.

fb-uniforms-7-1900.jpg

I love the gold jersey but my favorite combo is the white jersey/maroon pant. I love the brick pattern on the numbers.

The flat finish on the helmet is also fantastic!!!

White on white crime. Love the maroon tops/gold pants combo followed by the white tops/maroon or gold pants. Meh on the rest.

I always worry about going back to the Wacker years. The changes are subtle but IMO a good upgrade.

I like them. Something very basic that will not go out of style.

Top Bottom