Opening Night Panoramic Photo

swmngo4

Reaction score
Great News! After reading Maroonfive's thread yesterday about a stadium print, I wondered if the Blakeway Panoramas company from Eden Prairie that does the prints for all the other stadiums would be doing one of TCF Bank Stadium. So, I emailed them last night. Here is the response I got this morning:

Thank you for your inquiry and compliments on our line of panoramas. We are scheduled to shoot the opening game at the TCF Stadium on September 12th, weather permitting. We also have a U of M hockey panorama that will be released in the next several weeks. Later this fall we will be adding a U of M basketball panorama.

Please watch our website for updates. We will also be at the State Fair this month in the Grandstand Building on the 1st floor. We have State Fair specials and you may pre-order your U of M football panorama there at a discount.

Wow is that GREAT news. If you are not familiar with their work, check out www.panoramas.com and see what great things they have already done with many other Big Ten teams. Also, be sure to stop by their booth at the State Fair and pre-order your OPENING NIGHT PANORAMA print!! We need to be sure to let them know that there is a demand for U of M merchandise and thank them for being on board right from opening night at TCF.

Great News! After reading Maroonfive's thread yesterday about a stadium print, I wondered if the Blakeway Panoramas company from Eden Prairie that does the prints for all the other stadiums would be doing one of TCF Bank Stadium. So, I emailed them last night. Here is the response I got this morning:

Thank you for your inquiry and compliments on our line of panoramas. We are scheduled to shoot the opening game at the TCF Stadium on September 12th, weather permitting. We also have a U of M hockey panorama that will be released in the next several weeks. Later this fall we will be adding a U of M basketball panorama.

Please watch our website for updates. We will also be at the State Fair this month in the Grandstand Building on the 1st floor. We have State Fair specials and you may pre-order your U of M football panorama there at a discount.

Wow is that GREAT news. If you are not familiar with their work, check out www.panoramas.com and see what great things they have already done with many other Big Ten teams. Also, be sure to stop by their booth at the State Fair and pre-order your OPENING NIGHT PANORAMA print!! We need to be sure to let them know that there is a demand for U of M merchandise and thank them for being on board right from opening night at TCF.

This is excellent news! :clap:

Which angle to prefer?

I'll prefer the view from the student section I think....although that might need to be compared from the home side press box.

The "M" needs to be facing the camera. The opposite of Colorado's picture.

Thoughts?

I'll prefer the view from the student section I think....although that might need to be compared from the home side press box.

Thoughts?

I'm hoping that they do shots from multiple angles/times of day (sunset and night).

Absolutely fantastic!!!

That news made my whole night. I will pre-order for sure.

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i will probably have to pick up the williams arena one too.

Thoughts?

I think they need to shoot the photo so downtown and the big scoreboard are in the background, so to me the direction the M is facing is moot. The whole reason the Colorado buff is upside down in their photo is so they could shoot with the mountains in the background.

And speaking of Colorado - looking forward to the road trip there in a few years!

I'll be pre-ordering a print at the state fair. Not too expensive for a framed print either, going by the UofM Hockey photo.

For anyone wondering what a panoramic of TCF might look like, check out this Flickr photo of TCF earlier on in construction.

I've also attached 3 other cool pics I found on Flickr.

Attachments

• tcf1.JPG
    tcf1.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 64
  • tcf2.JPG
    tcf2.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 57
  • tcf3.JPG
    tcf3.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 80

It's Sept 12th which means first game at TCF and time for a panorama. Stay tuned. Everyone will be working non-stop to make this a reality as quick as possible. Should be about 1 week until availability.

A lot of you have visited with us about this project. It's been fun. I love Minnesota.

Jim

Blakeway Panoramas
www.panoramas.com

Top Bottom