Opening Day Tailgate - Vegas Baby! (no complaining about 4 v. 6 hrs here please)

Jagermister...and lots of it, followed by unlimited supply of cold beer. We win, it's a great day and we party some more. We lose, crap, we'll...we still party some more :)

Ole,
This is the perfect recipe anad something I have been doing for years. Using olive oil to make the dry rub stick and then double wrapping in aluminum foil will give you the best results. All you need to do on Game Day is sauce and warm on the grill and try to keep the meat from falling off the bone onto the ground. Another little secret is to ensure you removed the membranes from the underside before you put on the dry rub.

I like it House o Hagen. Thinking of the cold 40 with fall of the bone ribs is too much right now. 3 weeks is too far off. I picked up a cool little grill that runs on camping gas yesterday. I'm going to put it next to my bed until Aug 29th.

I'm a big fan of making a giant margarita in one of those igloo water coolers (the big orange ones) and serving it until you can't stand, then sitting and drinking until you can't see.

Also, tacos are often overlooked as great tailgate food. You can cook the chicken or beef ahead of time and have all the fixings in tupperware ready to go...then just lay out the spread, reheat the meat and warm the tortillas for all day snacking.

I'm a big fan of making a giant margarita in one of those igloo water coolers (the big orange ones) and serving it until you can't stand, then sitting and drinking until you can't see.

Also, tacos are often overlooked as great tailgate food. You can cook the chicken or beef ahead of time and have all the fixings in tupperware ready to go...then just lay out the spread, reheat the meat and warm the tortillas for all day snacking.

Great idea about the tacos. I never even considered it. Definitely will be trying it this season.

Mine has always been mt dew and vodka... I don't recommend it to others.

I suspect your lawyer recommended that you put in the disclaimer at the end. Mountain Dew - You got to be kidding! I guess vodka is okay but it does nothing to kill the taste of Mountain Dew.:rolleyes:

I suspect your lawyer recommended that you put in the disclaimer at the end. Mountain Dew - You got to be kidding! I guess vodka is okay but it does nothing to kill the taste of Mountain Dew.:rolleyes:

Killjoy, Mountain Dew is an OK beverage (in someone else's mouth).

Great idea about the tacos. I never even considered it. Definitely will be trying it this season.

I recommend buying small Doritos like you put in a kids lunch and putting taco meat in bag, making a taco in a bag

As Murka as Apple Pie

:eek:
NOTHING goes better with football than Apple Pie (the drink, of course!).

Ah yes, nothing says football like a whole case of mason jars filled to the brim with apple pie.

That reminds me. I need to go to Wisconsin for the Everclear :D

I have never tried this Apple Pie stuff, but it sounds like fall to me. Be careful in Wisconsin, LexicalNinja and welcome!

So I was just looking at the rules for the lots (specifically the East River Flats one). I knew about the no charcoal (bummer), but didnt' know about the no glass. Canned beer and plastic cups it shall be.

We do tacos in a bag once a year. Very easy to do, and always a hit.

Vegas!

Thought I would share a couple of items -

First, I have finished construction of the 'Vegas' prize wheel for kids -- don't know whether anyone will actually come and want to spin it but we have the prizes just in case...

Second, we'll have a "Fastsign" style sign mounted to our canopies welcoming everyone - good way to find the prize wheel if you're interested... just look for the clone of the Vegas sign that says "Welcome to Fabulous SKI U MAH, Minnesota" --

I like the prize wheel. Might there be one for adults down the road with winning prizes like: Brat, Taco, Shot, Blatz, Summit, Surly?

So I called the parking office to find out about parking early down in lot 37.
They said as long as you pay your daily fee there's nothing they can do to keep you out, then at 2 just whip out your pass and commence tailgate.
Not ideal, but we'll be heading down in the morning, get some breakfast, park, and hit up the bars for a few hours.
I expect if we start setting up at 1-130 nobody will really care.
Remember to pack those bottles of water folks, at the NMSU game I was very dehydrated and beer doesn't hydrate. I tried that experiment.:cool:

Thought I would share a couple of items -

First, I have finished construction of the 'Vegas' prize wheel for kids -- don't know whether anyone will actually come and want to spin it but we have the prizes just in case...

Second, we'll have a "Fastsign" style sign mounted to our canopies welcoming everyone - good way to find the prize wheel if you're interested... just look for the clone of the Vegas sign that says "Welcome to Fabulous SKI U MAH, Minnesota" --

Great..."Free Candy". I hope the wheel isn't inside a windowless van.

Great..."Free Candy". I hope the wheel isn't inside a windowless van.

Couldn't find gold spray paint?

Edit: Potatoman please don't take offense it is totally meant as a joke. I think it is a cool idea.

Attachments

• image-1205908254.jpg
    image-1205908254.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 8

Couldn't find gold spray paint?

Edit: Potatoman please don't take offense it is totally meant as a joke. I think it is a cool idea.

Hey kid...free candy and a free ride to Arkansas!

TBa47qD.jpg

After looking at it, I think I made his boozed up head a little too small.

Hey kid...free candy and a free ride to Arkansas!

After looking at it, I think I made his boozed up head a little too small.

I always loved Burt... errr maybe not May Deltahog's next coach after Burt have success.

Top Bottom