Open Spring Practice info?

Formo

Sections 109 and 114
Reaction score
Yo all,
My gal and I are planning on hitting up the open practice that was announced earlier this month this afternoon. They announced the time and dates for the two open practices but said they'd announce the locations at a later date.

When we went looking to see if where they were to be held at, there doesn't seem to be an official announcement. Anyone here going tonight? or has any more info?

I thought of buggin my season ticket rep (dudes been a stud for me this past year and half) but wanted to check the good ol' GH.

No other Gopher Holers with observations from the practice? We used to get some good threads from the open practices.

No other Gopher Holers with observations from the practice? We used to get some good threads from the open practices.
I'll post my thoughts once I can get back to a full-size keyboard...short observation is Athan is already looking sharp and comfortable with the offense, and I didn't see BSF anywhere.

I'll post my thoughts once I can get back to a full-size keyboard...short observation is Athan is already looking sharp and comfortable with the offense, and I didn't see BSF anywhere.

BSF had shoulder surgery in the offseason, so hasn't been expected to do much in the spring. Looking forward to your other notes!

Where can we find the dang press conferences to these? I just tried looking. It’s annoying how easy all of that is to find for other teams and we have such little of it floating around out there.

Some notes from Greder:

Corner: Tariq Watson and Rhyland Kelly are getting a lot of reps this spring.

Nubin and defensive coordinator Joe Rossi said they like Southeastern Louisiana transfer Jack Henderson’s size (6-foot-3, 210 pounds) and physicality as a nickel back.

New defensive lineman Chris Collins (North Carolina) had a protective boot on his left foot Tuesday, while receiver Corey Crooms, linebacker Ryan Selig and running back Sean Tyler (all from Western Michigan) each practiced.

Briefly​

Quinn Carroll, who played right tackle last season, was playing guard Tuesday. …

Coleman Bryson, who had an interception return for a touchdown in the Pinstripe Bowl in December, continued to make disruptive plays as did Darius Green.

Spencer impressed.

It seems new coaches in the West are letting the press see the practices which is really good PR.
Why does PJ act as if secrecy in Spring is going to expose his Fall secrets?

Randy Johnson Strib notes:

With Ibrahim off to the pro ranks, the Gophers have big shoes to fill at running back. During Tuesday's practice, Western Michigan transfer Sean Tyler and true freshman Darius Taylor of Walled Lake, Mich., were running with the first-team offense. Taylor was slowed late in practice, and Fleck said he was banged up but should be fine.

"Darius has been able to get in there and do some good things," Fleck said. "It's just that he's got to learn. There's so much to learn so quickly. … But boy, he really is athletic."

Top Bottom