Open letter to Mitch Leidner

westcoastgopher11

Reaction score
Hey man,

I know I've dumped on you a ton throughout your career. I've said you aren't a B1G caliber QB, that you throw a s*** ball, and your lack of ball security have cost us games. But guess what, I'm willing to let bygones be bygones and will revere your memory forever if you can do one thing for me.

Beat Wisconsin.

Sounds simple right? We'll that's only partially true, see our border rivals have fielded a good team this year - they've had many strong performances and some solid wins. So many wins, in fact, that they have clinched a berth in the CCG with our humble axe battle still remaining. You could say they still have something to play for, but I'd argue that holding the axe for the 13th consecutive time will feel a lot less sweet than it would for us to capture it in Camp Randall this go around.

So Mitch, this is what it comes down to for you - the opportunity to be the maroon and gold messiah delivering us from the drunken clutches of the skunks next door. All your past mishaps and bonehead throws will be forgiven in an instant. S***, you're even one of us, the Coen brothers couldn't write a script this perfect for a Minnesota redemption story! Today you won't get any guff from me in the game thread, or bitching on social media about the staff/team, today the only thing that matters is the Axe.

Good luck to Mitch and the boys - beat Wisconsin!

Regards,
WCG

asking a lot from mitchy---basically asking him not to be mitch--biggest game of his life, hostile surroundings, going against a top 5 d, the more I think about it, the more we better have an alternate option in order to win this game

Try the George Costanza approach Mitch. Do the opposite.

asking a lot from mitchy---basically asking him not to be mitch--biggest game of his life, hostile surroundings, going against a top 5 d, the more I think about it, the more we better have an alternate option in order to win this game

3 defensive touchdowns?

69c6a7318e1d0012f12c94138e59741f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hey man,

I know I've dumped on you a ton throughout your career. I've said you aren't a B1G caliber QB, that you throw a s*** ball, and your lack of ball security have cost us games. But guess what, I'm willing to let bygones be bygones and will revere your memory forever if you can do one thing for me.

Beat Wisconsin.

Sounds simple right? We'll that's only partially true, see our border rivals have fielded a good team this year - they've had many strong performances and some solid wins. So many wins, in fact, that they have clinched a berth in the CCG with our humble axe battle still remaining. You could say they still have something to play for, but I'd argue that holding the axe for the 13th consecutive time will feel a lot less sweet than it would for us to capture it in Camp Randall this go around.

So Mitch, this is what it comes down to for you - the opportunity to be the maroon and gold messiah delivering us from the drunken clutches of the skunks next door. All your past mishaps and bonehead throws will be forgiven in an instant. S***, you're even one of us, the Coen brothers couldn't write a script this perfect for a Minnesota redemption story! Today you won't get any guff from me in the game thread, or bitching on social media about the staff/team, today the only thing that matters is the Axe.

Good luck to Mitch and the boys - beat Wisconsin!

Regards,
WCG

The 2016 season began and you told us that Mitch was not a good qb. Today is your day to cash your check but here you are cheering for Mitch. I knew you would come around.

Turnovers will be the key. Defense has to force a few. And the offense cannot give them any short fields. Wisconsin's offense has looked better as of late but they still haven't been very explosive.

Turnovers will be the key. Defense has to force a few. And the offense cannot give them any short fields. Wisconsin's offense has looked better as of late but they still haven't been very explosive.

Agreed, watching this Mich vs Ohio St game really shows that. Michigan should all but have this game locked up if they just wouldn't have turned the ball over.

your lack of ball security have cost us games.

Mitch,

I can't say I'm surprised by the outcome, but the manner was truly something only you could deliver. 9/26 for 158 yards and 4 interceptions, I got nothing for this. You seem incapable of a passing progression, opting instead to stand in the pocket waiting for your pre-determined receiver to try and get open. You consistently throw into double and triple coverage and its simply unacceptable.

People will try to blame Jay Johnson or Tracy Claeys, but you know who the real culprit is deep down. I wish you the best in the bowl game, wherever it is, and in whatever draft preparations you go through (let's be real though, you should try and be a TE).

Thank you for the wins and the hustle, I'll never knock you for that, but its about time we turned the page on this chapter and started developing our QB of the future.

All the best,

WCG

who's fault was it on the second pick...did the receiver eff up or did mitch, anyone ever say or hear yet...the last 2 had no impact on the game---it was done by then

Ooops Wrong thread....

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom