Onside kick!

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure it was #6 (McKnight or Carter; almost positive it was McKnight because of his height - the guy looks too tall to be Carter -but I can't convince myself he would be used in this way) and Hill (I know Hill was one of the two) that blasted #3 for Iowa.

It was mainly Levine (and to a lesser extent, Sveum) who blew up #3. Hill and an unidentified player (hard to tell from the video, looks like it might be McKnight) were running to their left and hit #29.

Alright so i just watched that clip for like the 800th time. One thing: Troy's reaction: The play happened right in front of him, and with his arm in a sling and all, and he's going f'ing bonkers. Fantastic.

It was mainly Levine (and to a lesser extent, Sveum) who blew up #3. Hill and an unidentified player (hard to tell from the video, looks like it might be McKnight) were running to their left and hit #29.

I'm watching it right now. We're both right (and wrong). Sveum and McKnight pounded #3 (mostly McKnight); Levine got there after the initial contact by Sveum and McKnight. Hill hit #29 from Iowa, and while it served a purpose, he pretty much got lit up himself.

The only thing that surprised me was they didn't get any unsportsmanlike penalties on the play they ran all the way to the endzone and there were guys on the field without helmets. Usually this is called in Big Ten games. I'm glad they didn't.

If McKnight was in on that play, then Iowa really wasn't paying attention at all. Have your #1 WR in on a kickoff would almost certainly be an indicator that something is going on.

If McKnight was in on that play, then Iowa really wasn't paying attention at all. Have your #1 WR in on a kickoff would almost certainly be an indicator that something is going on.

The #6 on KO coverage was probably Michael Carter.

I know, right? But I've been hard on McKnight on here, complaining about his body language and seemingly crap attitude during some of the games earlier this year, but he played great Saturday and this was a play that nobody has mentioned him for, but his was a HUGE contribution.

K, just double-checked - it was Carter, and the way I figured it out is he had white gloves and tape on. On the ensuring series, McKnight had a white glove on his left hand with a playcard on his wrist, and black tape on his right wrist.

Okay! Can I procastinate an expense report any longer!

K, just double-checked - it was Carter, and the way I figured it out is he had white gloves and tape on. On the ensuring series, McKnight had a white glove on his left hand with a playcard on his wrist, and black tape on his right wrist.

Okay! Can I procastinate an expense report any longer!

That makes more sense.

There is an exception for the kicker. There is a rule that keeps the kicking team from blocking anyone from the receiving team before the ball has gone 10 yards. That was close, but the officials were right in not calling it.

Does that still apply once the ball hits the ground? Looks like the design is to clear out the defenders and make the recovery easy.

GM

One of the Great Works of Art in the Western World

1999...don't you mean....

Go Gophers! Let's Beat Sparty! In Kill We Trust!

BilldGopher,

1. If he keeps kicking like he did on Saturday, 29 October 2011, surely Jordan Wettstein will deserve having a building named for him on campus someday!

2. In Jordan we trust!

Top Bottom