Onside kick penalty = Brewster era

skoalvikings

Reaction score
The fact that the Gophers didn't know how to properly line up on a key onside kick try pretty much sums up the Brewster era. This team is so very, very far away from competing with the top of the Big Ten. I'd like to give Brewster another year or two, but I don't see what good that is going to do. How is Brewster going to come up with 4-5 new offensive lineman that can actually block? How is going to come up with a d-line that doesn't get pushed around? How is he going to find a secondary that can cover good receivers? I know that it is easy to be reactionary after a loss, but today's performance looked like something out of the Wacker era.

The fact that the Gophers didn't know how to properly line up on a key onside kick try pretty much sums up the Brewster era. This team is so very, very far away from competing with the top of the Big Ten. I'd like to give Brewster another year or two, but I don't see what good that is going to do. How is Brewster going to come up with 4-5 new offensive lineman that can actually block? How is going to come up with a d-line that doesn't get pushed around? How is he going to find a secondary that can cover good receivers? I know that it is easy to be reactionary after a loss, but today's performance looked like something out of the Wacker era.

that is on the special teams coach, not brewster. my god! :rolleyes:

today's performance looked like something out of the Wacker era.

i actually said that to my wife today. i said 'man, this looks like a wacker team'. she had no idea what i was talking about, but the fact that someone else thought the same thing tells me i'm on to something...

Oh please! This is 100% the fault of the special teams coach and the players on the field.

i actually said that to my wife today. i said 'man, this looks like a wacker team'. she had no idea what i was talking about, but the fact that someone else thought the same thing tells me i'm on to something...

I had said the same thing to my wife. I remember with Wacker giving up 300 yards rushing every year in WI.

Oh please! This is 100% the fault of the special teams coach and the players on the field.

So, who ultimately is responsible for those people? We keep having the same issues every game; penalties, missed assignments, short-armed passes, misused time-outs, odd play calling. In the end, either the head coach does something to address these problems or he doesn't.

100% really? Brew is not standing right there on the sideline observing how they are lined up? Leaving zero chance for success is unacceptable and is the responsibility of the HEAD COACH!!!

Top Bottom