Only one complaint

tjgopher

Reaction score
I'm extremely happy to get into the NCAA, obviously, but I can't figure out why they placed us in Greensboro when they could have simply plopped us down in KC. Michigan is a ten-seed playing Clemson in Kansas City. Ann Arbor is a long way to Kansas City. MSP is a long way to Greensboro (with flights $1000 or up). Why not switch those two and put 10-seed MN into KC, so we could be a drivable distance? Either way Michigan fans will have to fly (KC or Greensboro). I would guess we'd sell out our entire alotment of tickets had we played in KC. We likely won't do that for games in Greensboro (although I have no idea what a school's alotment is).

I agree. Tickets into Greensboro are about 700$ a piece, flying in to Raleigh, NC (about an hour drive to Greensboro) is cheaper at 500$ a piece. My wife and I are on the fence about going, think we'd fly into Raleigh and make the drive. Still waiting on information about tickets. Hopefully the U can put somekind of package together.

Anyone know the best place to get tickets a the actual value price?

Because of how the bracketing proces works, Michigan probably got Kansas City because they were up first in the overall pecking order and were a better 10 seed.

Because of how the bracketing proces works, Michigan probably got Kansas City because they were up first in the overall pecking order and were a better 10 seed.

Yeah, I understand that, but there are procedures and protocol in place to allow the committee to move teams slightly in order to better accommodate travel, etc.

I think the bigger issue here was the committee trying to avoid a potential third meeting between Duke and Michigan this year, which could have been the case had they sent Michigan to Greensboro.

Top Bottom