Only 13 More Games of BREW!

gophermanic

Banned
Reaction score
pizza/insight bowl and a 5-7 record next year will end a very dark and disturbing reign in gopher football history. Clean house with a solid HC hire and COMPETENT Staff. This is rock bottom and we can only go up with a new direction.

Hey don't be so down guys

If we put on a show like we did last year vs Kansas maybe Joel will do something right and can this clown sooner.

We should decline the bowl game, it will just be more embarassment on O like we saw today. The national audience has been subjected to this crap for too long.

why delay the inevitable, there is no light at the end of this tunnel

why delay the inevitable, there is no light at the end of this tunnel

I would love to, but they are not going to buy out 2 years of his contract after bailing out Mason on his. Maturi is at fault on that one.

Reading this thread reminded me of what it's like watching a FOX News broadcast at any point in the day. One moron and a bunch of yes-men backing him up. Welcome to the GH Peanut Gallery, folks!

Reading this thread reminded me of what it's like watching a FOX News broadcast at any point in the day. One moron and a bunch of yes-men backing him up. Welcome to the GH Peanut Gallery, folks!
haven't shoehorned my nascent political beliefs into a football thread today

sweet here we go

I've been saying Brewster will not be the coach in 2011........

Reading this post reminded me of a moron too.

I've been saying Brewster will not be the coach in 2011........

I have been right there with ya all year. This team has never fixed its mistakes or been smart enough to hide its weaknesses and capitalize on its strengths. That starts with leadership on and off the field.

Why should we wait for a 5-7 (or 6-6 at best) season next year? Let's get rid of this joker now!

Why should we wait for a 5-7 (or 6-6 at best) season next year? Let's get rid of this joker now!

I am all for it but we need to poney up a couple of million bucks. Lets get some bake sales and lemonade stands up and going. :)

"This team has never fixed its mistakes or been smart enough to hide its weaknesses and capitalize on its strengths. That starts with leadership on and off the field."

And there, amidst a sea of frustrated voices, is the single trait of this team that should cause us legitimate concern.

Yeah, changing coaches every 3 years is definitely the recipe for success. I think thats what all of the great programs do. I'm sure a good coach would jump at working for a school that shows such patience. Let me ask you this? Does the coaching staff get any credit for the good defensive play today?

koppco1 -- it's how they've played ... Griese used the word "undisciplined" no fewer than 10 times today ... No. 1 in the conf. in penalties last year, and depending on how things finish up today, very well could be No. 1 again ... Pound the Rock, yet will finish in the 105 range out of 120 D 1-A schools in rushing ... yes, the defense was the bomb today, but Brewster's background is offense ... the offense was a joke all year in a sport where offense reigns supreme ... a 3rd and 10 in the college game is a toss-up ... and let's not forget the 2 notes from Souhan yest., and other issues (the Reusse related tweet, calling Weis fat in '07, berating a marketing official in '07 for not selling out the dome in his 1st game, and more.)

All that being said, he should get a 4th year, a chance to coach-up all of his own guys, and if Weber doesn't start next year, Collado (Mason recruit) could be the only guy that has Mason ties that starts ... doubt Duane Bennett will start next year.

I'm still trying to figure out how in the world that offense put up 42 on MSU. Dantonio should be fired for that.

Well, I just read Brewster's quotes. And yet again he said the famous "I couldn't be prouder of my team, period" and the "our guys absolutely fought their guts out." Really Brew? Defense was very good, that part we all agree on. But to say that your "proud" of your entire football team is ludicrous. Be proud of your defense all you want because coach Cosgrove and the guys did a great job today.

The offense on the other hand was a complete joke. If he's proud of anything they did today then he is truly living in his own little dream world.

I'll give him one more year, but if next year looks anything like this year, I will wholeheartedly call for his firing.

koppco1 -- it's how they've played ... Griese used the word "undisciplined" no fewer than 10 times today ... No. 1 in the conf. in penalties last year, and depending on how things finish up today, very well could be No. 1 again ... Pound the Rock, yet will finish in the 105 range out of 120 D 1-A schools in rushing ... yes, the defense was the bomb today, but Brewster's background is offense ... the offense was a joke all year in a sport where offense reigns supreme ... a 3rd and 10 in the college game is a toss-up ... and let's not forget the 2 notes from Souhan yest., and other issues (the Reusse related tweet, calling Weis fat in '07, berating a marketing official in '07 for not selling out the dome in his 1st game, and more.)

All that being said, he should get a 4th year, a chance to coach-up all of his own guys, and if Weber doesn't start next year, Collado (Mason recruit) could be the only guy that has Mason ties that starts ... doubt Duane Bennett will start next year.

"Pound the Rock," classic phrase that will echo the Brewster years if he stays or not. What a joke.

One of the funnier/ironic comments I heard this year regarding the Gophers actually came from an analyst on a Columbus show called Buckeye Blitz. They were previewing the Gopher/Buckeye contest and one of the panelists made a comment saying that the coaching staff has some delusional montra that despite the fact the Gophers have a below average o-line and poor running backs they will focus on running the football and commented on the "Pound the Rock" phrase. He said he didn't know what planet Tim Brewster was from but welcomed his coaching style when they were to face the Buckeyes with this gameplan. Granted it was an OSU announcer, but he went on to call Brew a used car salesman and echoed a lot of what some U of M boosters have been saying about Brew.

Top Bottom