Online rumors - OSU / Illinois in jeopardy.

Canceled

if Indiana wins out.
Michigan OR Michigan state cancel on Ohio state

AND

10 of the remaining 18 big ten games scheduled to be played are played....

Indiana vs Northwestern for the big ten title

Michigan prepping themselves for a wave of COVID

/s (I hope)

Michigan prepping themselves for a wave of COVID

/s (I hope)
Honestly pretty decent chance Ohio state has to cancel on Michigan state....especially with their cases breaking this late

we haven’t seen a big ten team cancel one game yet.

Wisconsin - 2
Maryland - 2
Minnesota - 1 but still could be another
Ohio state - 1 but could be another

Canceled

if Indiana wins out.
Michigan OR Michigan state cancel on Ohio state

AND

10 of the remaining 18 big ten games scheduled to be played are played....

Indiana vs Northwestern for the big ten title

I called this championship game a few weeks ago. Of course then Ohio State went out and beat Indiana....but with cancellation #2 for Ohio State the possibility of my prediction coming true just got a major boost.

To be fair, I was banking on Indiana to pull the upset, but I'll take it. :)

I called this championship game a few weeks ago. Of course then Ohio State went out and beat Indiana....but with cancellation #2 for Ohio State the possibility of my prediction coming true just got a major boost.

To be fair, I was banking on Indiana to pull the upset, but I'll take it. :)

Honestly I think there is a decent chance the big ten doesn’t make it to championship weekend

I said it when the Big announced they were going to play, they should of started on Oct. 17 instead of the 24th. Really don’t understand why they couldn’t have. Guess just over a month wasn’t enough time for them. Ya gotta admit, the Big Ten botched it from the get go.

I said it when the Big announced they were going to play, they should of started on Oct. 17 instead of the 24th. Really don’t understand why they couldn’t have. Guess just over a month wasn’t enough time for them. Ya gotta admit, the Big Ten botched it from the get go.
I disagree.
The big ten did the right thing from the get go and then caved when nobody followed them.

I agree. Giving themselves no room for schedule flexibility was a huge mistake.

The biggest mistake was caving to tOSU and his little brother NE and trying to play in a pandemic that is causing the most disruption to life in the USA since WW2.

I think it's fine they tried to play. Better to have tried than no season at all and having to listen to Nebraska the whole time complain.

By Christmas, we all would have been force-fed that Nebraska was going to be 11-1 with a win over OSU in the BTT.

Hindsight is always 20-20.

Realistically, if the B1G had not tried to play this fall, there would have been no season. Even if a vaccine becomes available this year, the vast majority of people will not be vaccinated until next Spring or early Summer. By the time it would be "safe" to play, you would have missed your window.

So, it really wasn't a choice between Fall football or Spring football.

It was a choice between Fall football or no college football this season.

Meaning, a choice between TV revenue or no TV revenue.

And you know how AD's and College Presidents are going to make that choice. Every stinkin' time.

the only thing that might have derailed the season would have been a player getting seriously ill or dying. And thankfully, that has not happened.

So the B1G and the other power 5 conferences basically made a calculation that getting the TV revenue was worth the risk of games being postponed, canceled, or some players and coaches getting sick. (but not too sick).

that a messed-up season was better than no season. and that is why we are where we are.

Top Bottom