One word sounds familiar.

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
While visiting Minnesota's campus last weekend, Green gave Brewster an oral commitment.

"(Carter) always told me that even though it was cold up there, the city was tremendous and the coaching staff was young and had NFL backgrounds," Green said. "When the situation happened with Tennessee, the Minnesota coaches started recruiting me. After the visit up there, I saw it was everything I wanted in a school with football and academics; it was just great."

http://www.twincities.com/gophersfootball/ci_14005736?nclick_check=1

Carter also stated, "The cops may try to get in your way every once in a while, but if you get 'em with a quick jab, they'll ease off."

While visiting Minnesota's campus last weekend, Green gave Brewster an oral commitment.

"(Carter) always told me that even though it was cold up there, the city was tremendous and the coaching staff was young and had NFL backgrounds," Green said. "When the situation happened with Tennessee, the Minnesota coaches started recruiting me. After the visit up there, I saw it was everything I wanted in a school with football and academics; it was just great."

so who is the immature pissant from gopherhole falsely using my gopherhole moniker on the pioneer press website to make inflammatory comments about the gophers and brewster on all gophers football related stories (including this one)? real classy move kids. some of you act like you are eight frickin' years old! pathetic. :rolleyes:

piss off.

I wonder why Tennessee did not want him back?

It would be like the Gophers bailing on Gray last year after his score was flagged.

It would be like the Gophers bailing on Gray last year after his score was flagged.

I got the impression he didn't want to be there because the WR coach moved on to FSU. I could be wrong.

Tennessee bailed because they saw him as an academic liability.

They get kids like this every year so they can "cool" on him and just grab the next one.

The Gophers don't have this luxury. We only get a Gray every couple of years.

I hear the Badgers cooled on him.

Ones who's mascots don't look like skunks and who's head coaches don't resemble a butt.

Yeah, but he didn't repeat the word tremendous a whole bunch of times did he? Anyway, I'm glad that Carter tried to recruit him to Minnesota and also succeeded. I've said this before, but I really like it when players in college try to persuade their friends from high school or otherwise to try to join them at their school of choice. It sends the message that the kids really like the school they attend when they recommend their school to other folks. And in cases like this, it's even better when the kids they try to recruit agree and decide to attend that school as well!!:clap::clap::clap:

so who is the immature pissant from gopherhole falsely using my gopherhole moniker on the pioneer press website to make inflammatory comments about the gophers and brewster on all gophers football related stories (including this one)? real classy move kids. some of you act like you are eight frickin' years old! pathetic. :rolleyes:

piss off.

i hate to tell you but bronko nagurski is the name of a football player, it is not your moniker.

so who is the immature pissant from gopherhole falsely using my gopherhole moniker on the pioneer press website to make inflammatory comments about the gophers and brewster on all gophers football related stories (including this one)? QUOTE]

I dare anyone to say this question 10 times outloud.

You can't do it.

besides the coach recruiting him at tennessee no longer being there

there is also this little issue of tennessee having "3" 4 star receivers committed in this class

so who is the immature pissant from gopherhole falsely using my gopherhole moniker on the pioneer press website to make inflammatory comments about the gophers and brewster on all gophers football related stories (including this one)? QUOTE]

You can't do it.

Close, very close. I keep adding an 'S' to Brewster, and dropping the word 'football'. but with practice...

so who is the immature pissant from gopherhole falsely using my gopherhole moniker on the pioneer press website to make inflammatory comments about the gophers and brewster on all gophers football related stories (including this one)?

You can't do it.

Maybe my lungs aren't what they used to be, but I start to black out before I can even finish it once.

Bronko - Invest in some Doogie dots, it's the cool thing to add to your post so people can pause and take a breath ...

Better question

So his score was flagged and his recruiting coach bailed, why were Minnesota and Rutgers the only ones in the mix to get him this year? I'm not saying there's something nefarious about that fact, just that Green appears to be an A1 talent and it seems a bit odd to me.

i kind of figured he just picked up where he left off last year, plus he said Brewster was on him right away again. I think he was just ready to accept the offer. It's about making a decision not playing the recruiting game. Kudos to Brew for not missing an opp.

Tennessee bailed because they saw him as an academic liability.

They get kids like this every year so they can "cool" on him and just grab the next one.

The Gophers don't have this luxury. We only get a Gray every couple of years.

I don't think it was really an issue with him being an academic liability. Tennessee (especially under Kiffin) recruits tons of guys who have some academic question marks. The real reason can easily be found by simply looking at Tennessee signings over the past two seasons:

Tennessee has signed 5 WR's with as high or higher of ranking than James Green, and they signed 2 WR's who were just slightlely less rated than Green. My guess is, the feeling was probably mutual for Green and the Vols to go in opposite directions.

It's possible he wanted to play for Brewster more than he wanted to play for Kiffin.

For sure it is, I was just trying to explain why Tennessee might have cooled on the kid as well (having so many talented WR recruits from the last two classes).

Tennessee brought in 4, 4* WR's this year, the position coach who recruited him left for FSU, Green is lucky enough to have a male role model/mentor who's wife is friends with/went to college with Fisch, Mike Carter is his close friend and he fell in love with Minnesota. Oh yeah, he also had a week to find a team and sign. Whatever, I'm getting excited about him.

At first, I thought "Give him a couple years and he might be really good", but then I heard the quotes from scouts and coaches like "He's as good as any receiver entering the Big-10 for any school" "He'd be an impact player immediately on OSU, Penn St, any team in the Big-10", "This kid's not a project he'll be an impact player from day 1" and now I am even more hopeful.

Top Bottom