One Remark from Teague I can't get Past

josh087

Sharing Common Sense & Reality
Reaction score
Watching the Teague press conference they asked him early on in the conference about potential candidates. He said some were realistic, some not realistic. I hope I'm wrong, but if Shaka is first on Teague's list of contacts as we all suspect he is, who else on his list is going to fit the unrealistic category of candidates?

Think of it this way...if your dream car is a Bentley and you actually can afford a Bentley, you're not going to categorize a Kia Sorrento as unrealistic.

Every current coach is arguably on his "list"... Coach K, Tom Izzo, Pitino, Self... I am sure these guys get calls too. Chances of them leaving their institutions is next-to-none, but they are on lists nonetheless.

Glass half full guy.

Shaka, Stevens, and Buzz are all unrealistic but he's going to try anyways.

I took that to mean Flip, in that Teague may not deem him a realistic candidate due to lack of college experience. He also said right before/after something about not being the guy that fans think we should get (Flip?)

I took that to mean Flip, in that Teague may not deem him a realistic candidate due to lack of college experience. He also said right before/after something about not being the guy that fans think we should get (Flip?)

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought the "fans guy" comment came later in the conference.

I just heard that comment from Teague and had my heart sink. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but if Shaka is #1 on the list, and there are unrealistic candidates, who else could he be referring to? Wooden? Knight? Kershefskeeeeeeee? Eye-zough?

Think of it this way...if your dream car is a Bentley and you actually can afford a Bentley, you're not going to categorize a Kia Sorrento as unrealistic.

Yes but a Bugatti Veyron may be out of reach

Top Bottom