One Positive For Our OFFENSE...

thailleagle

Reaction score
We will not see a better Run Defense then we've faced already. We did fairly well against a very stingy Michigan Rush D & I can only hope that running the ball effectively against weaker Run D's will open up the Passing Game. Even though I am concerned about Northwestern lighting our Secondary up like a Christmas Tree I'm hopeful that we can have long successful TD drives that eat away enough clock to keep their Offense off the field & out of sync.

I think Michigan State might have the best run defense in the conference, time will tell. Other than them I'm with you.

I think Michigan State might have the best run defense in the conference, time will tell. Other than them I'm with you.

Yeah I think Michigan State may have the best overall Defense we'll end up facing. Everyone else has shown to be vulnerable to giving up a lot of points...

Behind only Wisconsin, I'm more afraid of Northwestern than any other team we've yet to face.

Don't know why but I think we will have our best B10 game against NW to date. Maybe it's a combination of NW is due for an emotional let down after a couple of huge games, we are coming off a bye, and our players know they need to try like hell in order to help keep the focus off the Coaches and have any chance of a meaningful season. Backs against the wall. I think we will still lose but I expect a better showing, call it a gut feeling.

Don't know why but I think we will have our best B10 game against NW to date. Maybe it's a combination of NW is due for an emotional let down after a couple of huge games, we are coming off a bye, and our players know they need to try like hell in order to help keep the focus off the Coaches and have any chance of a meaningful season. Backs against the wall. I think we will still lose but I expect a better showing, call it a gut feeling.

We didn't do too bad last year but they ran nearly at will in the 1st Half...

Ist down is open for some nice shots down field. If we get limegrover to open it up our run game will be better - good teams are balanced ! We should be. Taking some shots down field every quarter to loosen it up like the Texas Tech game were we had 31 pts !

Latest NCAA stats: Michigan 9th in run defense, Iowa 8th, Michigan State 1st.

Hope you're right!

Behind only Wisconsin, I'm more afraid of Northwestern than any other team we've yet to face.

The Gophers will move the ball effectively against Northwestern. Northwestern's defense has not been impressive this year. I expect them to get boat-raced by Wisconsin this Saturday. They put everything they had in that game against OSU, GameDay on campus, emotionally and physically drained by the tough loss; MAJOR letdown against Wisconsin, and Wisky has had a few weeks to get ready for them. Wisky will also be looking to make a statement to get back into the Top 25.

This will be one of the UBER rare games that I'll be cheering for a Wisconsin blowout win. It will be good for the Gophers if Northwestern gets pounded into submission the week before heading to Evanston.

Ogee, I get what you're saying, but I just can't do it. I'm cheering for Northwestern this Saturday.

Ogee, I get what you're saying, but I just can't do it. I'm cheering for Northwestern this Saturday.

Think of it as a win-win!

In all seriousness, as much as I detest Wisky, I hate where Northwestern is at right now. If you've been a Gopher/Big Ten fan for even just the last 20+ years, you've known Northwestern as a bottom feeder in the conference. They've passed the Gophers, and by a signficant margin in some areas. That sucks. That hurts. That is a tough pill to swallow. Northwestern has a brutal schedule the rest of the way. I'm hoping they get knocked back a few steps from where they (extremely fortunately) finished last season. A thumping at the hands of Wisky followed by losing at home to the Gophers can go a long ways towards that.

That's another reason I'd LOVE to see USC take a shot at Pat Fitzgerald. That would be phenomenal. If Fitz ever leaves NU, albeit unlikely, I just don't see any way they sustain any level of the success they've enjoyed lately.

Think of it as a win-win!

In all seriousness, as much as I detest Wisky, I hate where Northwestern is at right now. If you've been a Gopher/Big Ten fan for even just the last 20+ years, you've known Northwestern as a bottom feeder in the conference. They've passed the Gophers, and by a signficant margin in some areas. That sucks. That hurts. That is a tough pill to swallow. Northwestern has a brutal schedule the rest of the way. I'm hoping they get knocked back a few steps from where they (extremely fortunately) finished last season. A thumping at the hands of Wisky followed by losing at home to the Gophers can go a long ways towards that.

That's another reason I'd LOVE to see USC take a shot at Pat Fitzgerald. That would be phenomenal. If Fitz ever leaves NU, albeit unlikely, I just don't see any way they sustain any level of the success they've enjoyed lately.

I look at it almost the opposite way. I want Northwestern to succeed as evidence that teams still can climb out of the cellar and compete with the best in the conference, even when playing at that high school field in Evanston that they play at. It gives me more hope that we can do it too.

Top Bottom