One name I have yet to see

backoncampus2009

Reaction score
Call me crazy,but one name I have yet to see thrown out there as a coaching candidate should Brewster get caned is Charlie Wise.As I was watching the KC game it hit me that I have not seen his name talked about on here(my bad if I missed it).Noone will argue Charlie did not do so well in South Bend,but mutch the same as our Tubby at UK,Notre Dame might be the most the most pressure packed job in college football,coaching a Minnesota would seem like a walk on the beach compared to ND.the one other thing Wise has going for him is the fact that he is no stranger to Cretin Derham Hall a big plus in my book.

If he couldn't carry Notre Dame properly...NOTRE...DAME...I can't see him carrying Minnesota...

This team doesn't need another "players" coach that will heavy on the praise but light on the criticism.

If/when the coaching search begins the powers that be need to find a head coach at a lower level or a d1 coordinator that puts a team on the field that plays with a mean streak and plays with passion. More than likely this guy will have the attitude necessary to instill the temperment in the players necessary to play the physical brand of football desired at the U of M.

The current gopher team struggles mightily with mental discipline and unnecessary mental miscues. A tough disciplinarian coach would fix these problems.

Call me crazy,but one name I have yet to see thrown out there as a coaching candidate should Brewster get caned is Charlie Wise.As I was watching the KC game it hit me that I have not seen his name talked about on here(my bad if I missed it).Noone will argue Charlie did not do so well in South Bend,but mutch the same as our Tubby at UK,Notre Dame might be the most the most pressure packed job in college football,coaching a Minnesota would seem like a walk on the beach compared to ND.the one other thing Wise has going for him is the fact that he is no stranger to Cretin Derham Hall a big plus in my book.
5ai81x.jpg

how about Bobby Bowden?

he still wants to coach - get him in here by saturday to coach against USC - think of the publicity - if the program is a joke and at an all time low we might as well make it a reality show - Bobby could hold down the fort until somethng more permanent comes along - plus he could coach against his buddy JoPa - another media home run

Charlie Wise?

If we did hire Charlie Weis, we'd have a tubby football coach and a basketball coach nicknamed Tubby. Cool!

Charlie Wise?

If we did hire Charlie Weis, we'd have a tubby football coach and a basketball coach nicknamed Tubby. Cool!

Heard on 'CCO that a group of boosters consisting of the owners of Stub and Herbs, Sally's, Campus Pizza and Big Ten were working to make the Wies hire the "Wise Hire". :D

One of the two best ever signs in the crowd during college gameday: "Charlie looks hungry". Tremendous!

Brewster is going to get caned?

How about a little forewarning?

Holy crap, I was laughing at this so hard I was crying; had to turn my head away from co-workers so they couldn't see my face. Nice image... Nicely done, sir

Let's take a coach who couldn't meet expectations and replace our current coach that can't meet expectations.

I might lose my mind if Chuck Weis is named head coach.

When did the Gophers move to Singapore?:cool02:

There may be some precedent for such a move. The Vikings are being considered by a buying group from the capital of the Phillipines. Of course, there'll be a name change.

Manilla Folders.

Holy crap - we're gonna cane Brewster? Is that like Singapore style? You know, I'm not happy with Timmy right now but I refuse to torture the guy. As for fat guy, it's Charlie Weiss (as in German for "white"). Weiss was a total failure at Notre Dame with uber talent. Stay away, far far away.

Holy crap - we're gonna cane Brewster? Is that like Singapore style? You know, I'm not happy with Timmy right now but I refuse to torture the guy. As for fat guy, it's Charlie Weiss (as in German for "white"). Weiss was a total failure at Notre Dame with uber talent. Stay away, far far away.

Actually its 'Weis'. Which as an internet smart guy you'll recognize as an alternate spelling common to south German dialects and Yiddish.

Top Bottom