On Campus Housing question

Maroon92

Reaction score
I was surprised that some of the first year football players live in apartments. I was under the impression that all out of town freshmen were required to live in the dorms. I was also under the impression that athletes of all teams had dorms to live in to be near their practice facilities and tutoring.

Does anyone know if any of the U of M sports teams require their players to live on campus even for the first year or two? I was always under the impression being scholarship athletes that to get the free room and board that living on campus would be the most convenient and easiest. Do these off campus apartments get reimbursement from the athletic department for rent.

my own opinion-- if they had teams live on campus they would have better monitoring of what is going on and have people more accountable to their teammates.

not sure it was a first year player's apartment. if not mistalem, i think he's a juco transfer so perhaps that plays into him not being required to live on-campus like a "true", straight out of high school freshman would be????

Tamarion Johnson is one the resident's of the apartment where the incident went down who is a first year freshman. I think it said in the police report that he was roommates with Djam.

Top Bottom