On a Positove Note

Gopherguy0723

Reaction score
Pitino has a couple freshmen who will be good 4-year players: Murphy and McBrayer. Those guys are tough and will contribute to some big wins for us over their careers.

The Gophers are a year or two away plus an alpha away from having a special team. If Coffey is great, then we could really have something good happen.

I don't want to wait! Fire Pitino!!!!

-Every gopher fan ever

Murphy will be good. I like both Dorsey and McBrayer as well, but neither will be good B1G players unless they become more consistent with their outside shot. B1G defenses traditionally make life miserable for guys at the guard spots who can't shoot. Recent Gopher examples include Joe Coleman and DeAndre Mathieu (his second season).

I think McBrayer was a pretty good shooter in high school. I wonder if, like Austin Hollins, he'll struggle a bit from outside as a freshman but then get his numbers into the high 30's or low 40's next year and beyond.

I think McBrayer was a pretty good shooter in high school. I wonder if, like Austin Hollins, he'll struggle a bit from outside as a freshman but then get his numbers into the high 30's or low 40's next year and beyond.

That was my thought as well. Dupree, Murphy and Dorsey show little fear on the court for freshman.

Top Bottom