OMG!

Okay, so I've been trying not to post during games much lately, but this deserves a mention.

Has anybody seen anything like this before from a Matt Painter coached team? I mean, I knew the Gophers would come out and play with desperation, but this has been an absolute wood-shed job so far. Wow.

All I say to this point is this: :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Defense being executed perfectly.

Yes, Purdue is making a lot of mistakes...but they don't get ALL the credit.

I really want to hold them to single digits in the first half. Please please please please.

This is nuts. Up 34-9 with just over a minute to go in the first half? This is completely mind-blowing.......

Okay, so I've been trying not to post during games much lately, but this deserves a mention.

Has anybody seen anything like this before from a Matt Painter coached team? I mean, I knew the Gophers would come out and play with desperation, but this has been an absolute wood-shed job so far. Wow.

All I say to this point is this: :eek::eek::eek::eek:
I'm not surprised. Every Purdue fan knew how much the offense relied on Robbie, but it hasn't been made this pathetically clear until nobody on the team could hit a jump shot. If Rob were around, we might have 20 or so.

When you have three great players, you're usually all right if one has an off-night. When you have two, you're usually screwed if one has an off-night. When both have off-nights, this happens.

I'm glad you guys will be in the tourney. Those kids deserve it.

After last night, it was great to see Devoe, Hoff, and Damian get plenty of rest. They should be fresh for the 2nd half.

I'm not surprised. Every Purdue fan knew how much the offense relied on Robbie, but it hasn't been made this pathetically clear until nobody on the team could hit a jump shot. If Rob were around, we might have 20 or so.

When you have three great players, you're usually all right if one has an off-night. When you have two, you're usually screwed if one has an off-night. When both have off-nights, this happens.

I'm glad you guys will be in the tourney. Those kids deserve it.

I guess what I'm most surprised about is how absolutely lost the Boilers looked on offense throughout the half. They had absolutely nothing going on anywhere in the halfcourt. The vast majority of their shots were either heavily contested or complete forces. Admittedly, the Gophers are playing on another level right now, but I've never seen Purdue this befuddled before.

I guess what I'm most surprised about is how absolutely lost the Boilers looked on offense throughout the half. They had absolutely nothing going on anywhere in the halfcourt. The vast majority of their shots were either heavily contested or complete forces. Admittedly, the Gophers are playing on another level right now, but I've never seen Purdue this befuddled before.
They've looked that lost since about 13 minutes into the last Purdue/Minnesota game. Keaton hitting ridiculous shots at the end hid it in that game, then 44 points against MSU, then 3 straight wins against terrible teams. Against IU and PSU especially, it was clear that Purdue was putting an emphasis on fast-break scoring, since the half-court offense is so obviously incompetent. The fact that the Gophers have hardly missed a shot has removed that aspect from our game.

Our starters

Our starters got to rest on the bench the last 4 minutes or so. Hope that helps keep them fresh for another 20 minutes!

Go Gophers!

Keep pouring it on Minny!!! They don't have an answer for Iverson down low. And how about Carter and Sampson with the outside shots falling today? Play a smart 2nd half and things will take care of themselves.

Go Gophers!

Okay, we're gettin' away from what worked. Everyone calm down. Slow it down...

I just dont want to hear any purdue crap about already having Hummel out and then Moore going down. We have played through as much adversity this year as anyone. Keep pushing forward Gophers!

I just dont want to hear any purdue crap about already having Hummel out and then Moore going down. We have played through as much adversity this year as anyone. Keep pushing forward Gophers!
I wasn't trying to diminish this win for the Gophers. They deserve it and would have won regardless.

The word unbelieveable is tossed around by everyone now days. But this was UNBELIEVEABLE.

I wasn't trying to diminish this win for the Gophers. They deserve it and would have won regardless.

Would just like to thank you for being extremely classy, hopefully MOST of us have done the same to you when Purdue has beaten up on us the last couple years

Would just like to thank you for being extremely classy, hopefully MOST of us have done the same to you when Purdue has beaten up on us the last couple years
If this season wasn't already ruined for me when Purdue visited Minnesota a few weeks ago, I'd be much less gracious :rolleyes:

Fortunately I haven't been drinking the "Purdue will be fine without Robbie" kool-aid that others have.

Top Bottom